Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to spend marketing budget

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AlleD
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

HI Everyone

I am soon launching a new kid’s active clothing brand and have a limited budget to spend on marketing.

The brand will only be sold online on our own website.

I have agreed to get my website made by Sites’N’Stores – although I currently think that maybe I only went with them because they hounded me the most. I didn’t really want a website where I was paying out every month for use of the website ‘cart’ software but that is what I will have. My fault obviously but when bombarded with constant phone calls even the strongest of us gives in. They are also hesitant to give me the design that I asked for – but that is another problem.

Ok – so here is the marketing problem – I will have a website but I have no idea yet what steps I will take to market it.
    I have a very small initial budget of just $2,500 and apart from adwords/facebook ads etc I am not sure how to spend the money. The more I read here the more confused I get.

I am hesitant to contact any marketing agency because I have such a limited budget so where else can I go or what can I do to sort this out?

Thanks
    Alle

Blastmedia
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi Alle,
    I can offer you free no obligation advise and a realistic online marketing plan for your budget. I have assisted many small businesses like yourself. Kate – Blastmedia

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

Dear Alle

I respectfully suggest that you put everything on hold including Sites’N’Stores

Then calmly formulate your marketing plan and budget to establish what is going to get you the best return on your marketing investment

In my opinion you are putting the cart before the horse and the only one that will be happy is Sites’N’Stores

Geezertd
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

I’m sure you’ve heard these token questions before, but they need to be repeated:

– What geographical area are you targeting your business around, I assume it is supposed to be a wholly-online store and not a bricks and mortar business? Australia-only or international?

– What’s your selling point? Cheap clothes? Unique style or design? Well-made quality clothing items?

etc. etc.

Provide us with more detailed information and hopefully we can provide you with more detailed advice :)

AlleD
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

OK – Some more info.

The clothing is aimed at Children aged 6-13 and is quality active-wear -‘Playwear’. The initial line is short, skorts and tops that are sunsmart and that are in the mid price range (Between $20 -$40 a pieces)

Geographically I am looking to only advertise within Australia (although international shipping will be available if requested) Our online store is the ONLY outlet that will these products will be available for purchase

Selling point is that it is sports/active/playwear for the monkey bar kids, for the frisbee champions, for the home trampoline gurus. The clothing is designed to allow room for movement whilst using quality Australian made fabric in a quality Australian made product designed for Australia’s kids.

As for the website – I have emailed them my concerns and although I am not sure if they understand what I am talking about – so I might do a quick mock-up myself and send that through. If they cannot do what I request – I may ask for a refund before they even start on the project. I did actually look at many different web designers and was very happy with my choice until my conversation with the design team – who I only was able to talk to after I had paid 40% deposit. So I will see how that goes.

My Website budget is separate to my marketing budget. Website budget is only $1250 and marketing is only $2500. I know that they are not huge amounts but it is a lot to me and I need to (like anyone else) get the best I can for the money.

Any more info that will help – just ask away.

Thanks

Alle

aajvcad
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

My advice.

Contact Gabriel from internetninja.com.au.

He is a member of this forum.

He will give you good advice and he is very good at what he does.

It is not often that I recommend another SEO guy. But he’s good.

Alem

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Hi Alle,

Your target audience is 6-13yr olds, which essentially means your target audience are parents! From the people I know, the majority of parents with kids aged 6-13 currently sit in the mid 30’s to early 40’s. This generation, in my opinion is not one that goes browsing google looking for clothing. Perhaps for toys, electronics etc. but not so much clothing.

In my opinion, you need to be looking to spend your budget on brand awareness. Australia wide does make a $2,500 budget seem pretty small. Perhaps you can look to contact the schools with special offers for your clothing, which they might include in their newsletters. Other than that, I would think about starting local, and building out from there. There might be an opportunity for you to sponsor a local under 13’s sports team or something. This will start the word of mouth that you will need to spread.

My company is all about direct marketing, so I have a natural defence against the pure ‘online’ marketing approach. People do look online, but they generally need to know what they are looking for.

If you need any assistance contacting schools, I am more than happy to help with building lists of schools, and please feel free to have a look at my site for my services. Bottom line is, you know your product better than anyone, so go with your gut instinct.

Best of Luck to you,

Carl
    http://www.agentmail.com.au

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.