Home – New Forums Tech talk How to update wordpress template?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jands
    • Total posts: 72
    Up
    ::

Just looking for some basic advice for a non-techy person on updating my wordpress template.

Will I lose my plugins? Do I have to re-install them?

Is there an easy way to update offline and test it out before going live?
    Can I change the colour in any template through the editor is this a custom feature?

Answers to these questions would be great, and any other pearls of wisdom you might have :)

Netorigin
    • Total posts: 421
    Up
    jands, post: 75048 wrote:
    Just looking for some basic advice for a non-techy person on updating my wordpress template.

Can I change the colour in any template through the editor is this a custom feature?

Answers to these questions would be great, and any other pearls of wisdom you might have :)

When you update a theme/template, you shouldn’t lose any plugins. Remember it is a good idea to have a backup before you proceed with the upgrade. You can change the colour but this might require some HTML, CSS and posibbly graphic design knowledge. Premium themes usually enable you to change the theme colour in the WordPress admin section.

Cheers,
    Shaun

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Yep. Before you update just make a backup of your files AND database so if anything goes wrong you can easily change back. :)

Tergeste
    • Total posts: 65
    Up
    jands, post: 75048 wrote:

I have a set of WordPress learning videos I am happy to part with..
    send me an email [email protected].

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.