Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to use Social Media in your Retail World

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Social Shout!
    • Total posts: 94
    Up
    ::

Social Networks are about people, not platforms.

[IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/socialshout/9270283938/[/IMG]

But how can retail stores leverage social media?

Here’s a few ideas we have…

1. Understand what a social network is. It’s people. If you have any customers, friends, family, colleagues, suppliers, etc, you have a social network.

2. Choose the right platform. If you’re selling home decor, Pinterest or Flickr might be the best platform. If you’re selling men’s business suits, Linkedin might work better.

3. Tell me how to find you. ‘Follow me on Facebook’ is the same as ‘Call me on the telephone’. I need more info to make the connection. Give customers your full Facebook ID or your @twitter handle.

4. Give me a reason. WIIFM? Do I go into the draw for an iPad? Will I get exclusive offers? Heyo is a great tool for creating social media promo campaigns to get people to your site.

5. Give me a reason to come back. Content & Context is King! Social Media is all about the conversation. You need to form a community around your biz and have them regularly talking and listening to each other. Easier said than done, but worth the effort.

What do you think?

How are YOU using social media in your retail store?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.