Home Forums Selling online How to Write “Terms of Use” and “Privacy policy” for Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Basit
    • Total posts: 7

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of making a website using any suitable e-commerce platform and would like to know how to write “Terms of Use” and “Privacy policy”.

All advices appreciated.

Regards,
    Muhammad.

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186

I suggest using a template. then refine it. make it understandable. remove jargon that does not apply.

if you keep the customer’s email address. what are you doing with it?
    if you keep the address. what are you doing with it?

etc.

at the end of the day they can be extremely hard to read and understand so you want something that covers all your use cases but is not so complex someone could complain that it is not “clear” enough to be useable by the general customer.

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,127

You could Google it

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Basit, post: 267166, member: 114209 wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of making a website using any suitable e-commerce platform and would like to know how to write “Terms of Use” and “Privacy policy”.

All advices appreciated.

Regards,
    Muhammad.
    Hello Muhammad,

You can find some useful information and links on our website at https://www.ecorner.com.au/10-Steps-to-eCommerce-Success/Step-7-Legal-stuff

Regards

John

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344

Going to go against the grain here… you don’t unless you know what you’re doing and understand the legal implications of what you do and don’t include in your ts & cs or privacy policy. For example, do you know if your privacy policies need to be GDPR compliant?

If you go the template route rather than engage a lawyer to draft for you, ensure it’s a template provided in accordance with Australian legislation and requirements. There are a few out there with affordable options, one I refer clients too is at https://legallyshalini.com.au/shop/ – These templates I know to be drafted by an Australian lawyer that practices predominantly in contracts and agreements, aimed at small businesses and at reasonably pricing.

Basit
    • Total posts: 7

Thanks Everyone !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.