Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Howdy from Mandurah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bumpkin
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all!

My partner and i are in the process of setting up a web shop to sell home and garden products from our home in Mandurah Western Australia.
    Neither of us have any experience, but we are fortunate enough to have my partners father, who has been running his own very successful web shop for the last 40 years!
    Our business is registered as Alkins Distribution PTY LTD,we have our own domain, personal emails, TFN, ABN, GST. All thats left to do is source some products and launch the web shop :)

Its scary and exciting at the same time, lots to learn! Very thankful for the father in law, and the rest of the family who have been involved in the business for many years, i think we will be picking their brains raw over the next few months!

Anyway thats my little story, cant wait to snoop around this forum and meet you all :)

sohoAustralia
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi and welcome.

Looks like you’ve got everything raring to go. :)

“It’s scary and exciting at the same time” – you got that right. Starting up your own business usually makes you go through all the emotions.

But check out the forum, ask questions. Just take it one step at a time.

Good luck with your venture.

Cheers,
    Martin

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hey bumpkin – love the forum name :)
    Thanks for joining the community. Yes ‘scary and exciting’ is a pretty good summary of starting a business (and running one for that matter!)
    You are very lucky to have experienced hands behind you so definitely pick their brains.
    Be sure to drop back and let us know once you’re live.
    Cheers,
    Peter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.