Home – New Forums Tech talk HTML Email Campaigns

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fad-cate
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

I have a potential client who is interested in email marketing campaigns and has sent me some links to online webtools such as mailchimp, campaignmonitor, campaignmaster. Has anyone had any experience with these types of tools and could recommend one? I’m a graphic designer who has mostly print experience but has just recently gone into websites so I am wondering if this might be over my head? I’ve heard they’re difficult but it sounds like these online tools might make it easy…

danb
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

Hi there,

I often do EDM / email campaigns for clients and have used a variety of services through the years, my recommendation and personal favourite is mailchimp.

I don’t think you’re over your head at all, Mailchimp is particularly good if you’re just starting out at html because they offer quite an extensive range of templates which are easily customizable… Learn as you go!

Dave Bockett
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

I would recommend aweber. Have found it pretty straight forward to setup and use. It claims to have the highest delivery rates in the industry which can become important when your list starts to get big.

I haven’t personally used any of the others but I think they all have pretty similar features and I don’t think you would go too far wrong with any of the ones you have mentioned.

Dave.

fad-cate
    Up

Ok, thanks.
    Quite a few let you sign up for free so I’ll give them a go.

Arnold Shields
    • Total posts: 58
    Up

I use Mailchimp and Aweber.

If you are sending email campaigns then you should use a email service providers (ESP) because of delivery rates and the statistical data (who opened and what they clicked on etc).

Mailchimp is excellent if you have an existing list of customers because they let you import the list without reconfirming everyone on your list.

Mailchimp email templates are pretty good and easy to use, but their signup form templates are dreadful.

Aweber is really good for new building new lists because of the signup templates and reporting functionality on signups. I also use aweber on a membership site because the wordpress membership plugin has built-in aweber and paypal integration.

If you try and import a list into aweber, they will want to confirmed opt-in or proof of confirmed opt-in – which means unless you write a killer opt-in email and your list are really fans you will lose a huge percentage of your list if they do not confirm (learnt my lesson on that one)

So I use Mailchimp for an old list and aweber for building a new list.

Hope this helps.

fad-cate
    Up

Thanks for your input Arnold! I’ve given the chimp a go and it’s not too bad – a bit clunky for adapting templates but I’m getting used to it now.

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

I LOVE Aweber and have used it for years. One of the things I love about it is that you can send emails in both html and text format, which is great for those who don’t like html emails.

And I just happen to know that if you don’t want to lose your existing list, it is possible to create a list in Aweber, set it to non-opt-in, and then manually enter every person in and they don’t have to confirm. It’s a lot of work if your list is huge, but it does mean they all end up on the list. Definately not best practice in the long term, but it can be done.

(No, I don’t do this. I found it out by accident once when I had the list settings wrong)

rentwise
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi Guys,

I would recommend CampaignMonitor, very easy to use, allows you to manage your own database of subscribers directly from your website using API or just via their program.

It’s reasonably priced as well.

Cheers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.