Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Hubspot grades Flying Solo 91% – how about you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Social Shout!
    • Total posts: 94
    Up
    ::

Hey guys!

I wanted to share what I reckon is an AMAZING free tool from the guys at Hubspot.

For those that don’t know, Hubspot is All in One Marketing Software. They do a great job of inbound marketing themselves by creating lots of great free resources & reports.

This tool is their Marketing Grader that basically reviews your site (including Facebook, Twitter and Blogs) and tells you how good marketing funnel is AND makes a few suggestions on what to fix.

I took the liberty of running a report on FlyingSolo so you can see the sort of stuff they come back with. Here’s a link to the report

91% guys!! Well done!

Go check it out.

They also have a Twitter Grader and a Search Grader tool – all FREE!!

Cheers!

Trent!

Paul B.
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Wow thats an impressive tool! Great find.

Oh, and congrats FS :D

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

I scored 49% But I have Twitter nd Facebook Accts and HubSpot won’t seem to recognise them.

Social Shout!
    Up
    spinninghill, post: 123638 wrote:
    I scored 49% But I have Twitter nd Facebook Accts and HubSpot won’t seem to recognise them.

Hi there. I know it certainly worked ok for me.

They automatically pick up what they think is your Twitter & FB handles and then show them to you & give you the option to Fix It.

If you don’t see those options, when you drill down in the Middle of the Funnel section and you’ll find the Social section. You can correct your Twitter & FB there.

If that STILL doesn’t work, click on Feedback and ask them the question. You’ll find they’re really good and continuing the relationship with you.

Good luck!

spinninghill
    Up

Yeah I tried fixing it 3 or 4 times.

I will provide the feedback to them.

Thanks

Michael

spinninghill
    Up

PS, it gave me some quite handy pointers re Page Ttiles etc that I will be sure to follow up on with my SEO fellow

NickHumphries
    • Total posts: 418
    Up

Really good find! Hubspot is pricey, but the value you can get from it is enormous. They really understand how this new generation of marketing works.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

24% was rather sad.
    It picked up the FB account. dont have twitter.

Steve

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Oh dear…

Please tell me you are all just joking and none of you actually think this indicates anything of any relevence to the FS forum and its business plans?

I mean really…

You are doing things ‘correctly’ if we can find, at this minute, a Twitter or Facebook account we believe may be connected to you in some way?

We are not even going to make any effort to try to understand what your business might be… we don’t care if you are a butcher or a discussion forum…

We’re not going to examine the aims of your business or whether you need a Twitter account in the first place before we ‘grade’ your business?

Your grade is now X%

Puleez…

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Oh good, thanks Aidan I thought I was missing something lol

I was told I need a Twitter account…I don’t need a Twitter account. I didn’t read any further after that :D

Wendy :)

Rico
    • Total posts: 137
    Up

Twitter is a very powerful tool for some business, and totally useless for others. Facebook is a waste of time for 80% of the businesses and really essential for the remaining 20%. I am lucky, as my business doesn’t need either, and I can narrow down my marketing efforts.

Still I think that an analythic tool like this can deliver some good feedback to many soloists, just don’t take it as the absolute truth. No one knows your business as much as you do.

Rico

Paul B.
    • Total posts: 119
    Up
    Aidan, post: 123693 wrote:
    Oh dear…

Please tell me you are all just joking and none of you actually think this indicates anything of any relevence to the FS forum and its business plans?

I mean really…

You are doing things ‘correctly’ if we can find, at this minute, a Twitter or Facebook account we believe may be connected to you in some way?

We are not even going to make any effort to try to understand what your business might be… we don’t care if you are a butcher or a discussion forum…

We’re not going to examine the aims of your business or whether you need a Twitter account in the first place before we ‘grade’ your business?

Your grade is now X%

Puleez…

I don’t see it as something you must get 100% in. A 30% scoring website may be perfect for its intended use. I see it as a tool that may prompt you to consider other aspects of your website you may not have implemented. Its up to the reader to decide whether they take on the suggested additions or not. I think it is a great find!

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Everyone wants a magic answer.

Almost all these assessment software programs are good for is promoting the tool distributor’s business. They are virtually all designed to tell the user one thing – “you need our services”. The other reason for their existence is to generate back links.

This seems to be yet another example of irrelevant, analysis paralysis.

Almost all of them that I’ve tested fall foul of one or more of the following:

a. The measurement parameters are meaningless – no one knows the SE parameters accurately enough to design an accurate piece of software
    b. The tools are out of date – G makes 2+ changes per day and this is not a new program.
    c. The user does not understand what the measurements mean
    d. The tools aren’t relevant to the Australian or a specific market
    e. The tool producer does not provide info on their accuracy and currency
    f. The tool maker does not have a large enough or representative database on which to make recommendations

This tool does a great job of ticking most of these limitation boxes.

For Flying Solo, Hubspot’s “Top 3 Things to Do” are an absolute joke! What more could you expect. If you apply it to your own website and believe it, you definitely need help!

Caveat emptor.
    JohnW

Social Shout!
    Up

Well, I guess this has prompted some strong opinions.

For what it’s worth, I was never throwing this out as a magical solution to all your business woes.

I think Rico said it best…

‘Still I think that an analythic tool like this can deliver some good feedback to many soloists, just don’t take it as the absolute truth. No one knows your business as much as you do.’

For many just getting started, even the most basic tips & suggestions can be a great help.

For those who are a bit more seo/marketing-savvy, sure, a tool like this won’t really help.

Don’t get hung up on the number/score. Use it as a checklist of some of the basics. A starting point for a conversation.

THEN… go and check out some of their other resources – free and paid – that these guys offer.

Of course Hubspot use this tool and all their other FREE resources as a form of inbound marketing. They certainly don’t try to disguise this & I don’t think anyone smart enough to bother reading these forums would be dumb enough to think otherwise.

So, to the naysayers, thanks for providing a balance to the discussion.

To the small business, keen to improve their marketing funnel, Hubspot, I reckon, is a pretty good place to start.

PS: In the interests of adding value to this forum, perhaps others could weigh in with their own suggestions/tips/advice on assessing & improving the marketing funnel.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.