Home – New Forums Selling online Huge minimum orders with Alibaba…impossible to get smaller orders?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Vivienne
    • Total posts: 34
    Up
    ::

Thanks everyone!

I have 2 suppliers that will take a minimum of 300 and 500.

I’m organising to get samples and hoping for the best.
    I really want decent quality. If the samples are great, is that any indication that the order will also be the same quality?

I just don’t want a pile of shonky & cheap looking stuff with crooked stitching and falling apart!

Little Birdie Marketing
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hey Vivienne

I have found an amazing manufacturer in HK. I am not sure what you want to get made but I have just received samples from them and they are amazing! Quality is fantastic. They have been going to the local markets for me and getting fabric samples for me too…nothing short of amazing service.

What is it that you want made? Is it one item?

I am just starting out and don’t have a huge order but maybe there is an opportunity to bulk order through the same manufacturer to benefit both of us?

Just a thought!

Vivienne
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

Just sent you a message Kellie.

Sammie_clothing
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi vivienne
    Feel free to message me as I have a melbourne based sample maker at very good cost and great quality. I am however in the look out for a manufacturer :( any luck??

And Kellie can u email me if u do have a manufacturer I’m still looking for that part

Sam

[email protected]

bees
    • Total posts: 81
    Up

Vivienne, I can’t really add more than what the others have said, only to suggest you keep looking around. It took months and months for me to find my suppliers. I made an error with one product, after agreeing to their 1000 in each colour and got stuck with 3000 dodgy items. You live and learn. Another supplier was amazing from the outset, far better service and we have built a great relationship. She has agree to 300 in each colour, as long as I order 900 all up, which is fine by me. Keep talking to them and you may strike that one person who really wants to build that relationship with you. It’s tedious, but once you find a great supplier, it’s worth the effort.

Tessa Hartnett
    • Total posts: 68
    Up

Just an additional tip {or four} that may or may not help:

1. Explain that you can not order 1000 as a ‘sample’ because you need to know that the design is correct first. Explain you are happy to pay more just to have one ‘sample’ product produced and if it is correct you will be happy to negotiate a new MOQ with them. Never commit to an MOQ until you have seen the finished product and always negotiate the smallest MOQ you can to start with. Tell the manufacturer that you would like to build a long term relationship with them and grow over time.

2. Create a ‘buying request’ on Alibaba, you may find that another manufacturer is happy to work with you.

3. If you are confident that the supplier will be able to deliver and you offer to pay a higher price for the sample, request that the ‘extra paid’ will be taken off your next order. This provides the manufacturer with confidence that you are serious.

4. Always negotiate with a stern smile! You have to remain polite and happy. Never come across as frustrated or angry.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.