Home – New Forums Tech talk I am a genius!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up
    ::

Finally got what I wanted as far as an online purchasing presence is concerned.

I did not want an online shop where the visitor was redirected to another part of the site that looked different or even worse another site altogether.

I wanted to use my existing web site using ordinary html and just put the buttons where I wanted.

The shopper does not even leave the page until its checkout time, they just get a popup that tells them its been added.

I am not telling how I did all this because it took a fair bit of research and well now I can put the knowledge in a mini ebook and sell it, thats why hehehe…

Plus I still have to make a living, cant give all the secrets away.

I made my first sale last night (granted it was a $10 test from mwa but its got to count for something)

anyway here is the page for anyone interested.

http://www.creydall.com/myob%20performance.html

Adam Randall
    Up

Almost forgot, I set it up so that it automatically downloads the product, the location is encrypted, the client is automatically transferred to the download page and then also recieves an email with the encrypted location.

Its very nice, now all I have to do is work out how to electronically download the version that comes with a PC, that might be a bit harder though….

I also have to sell something now, this is the hard part!

ahortin
    • Total posts: 42
    Up
    Adam Randall, post: 1835 wrote:
    I did not want an online shop where the visitor was redirected to another part of the site that looked different or even worse another site altogether.

I wanted to use my existing web site using ordinary html and just put the buttons where I wanted.
    http://www.creydall.com/myob%20performance.html

Hi Adam,

Not trying to be picky of anything, but you mentioned you wanted an online shop where the customer didn’t get redirected to another part of the site that looked different, or to another site altogether. The customer may not leave your site when they add a product into their “cart”, but if they want to view the cart contents or even “checkout” the goods, they are redirected to another site. Also, the site doesn’t look anything like your own website. It doesn’t even have your logo or any other branding.

You can basically achieve the same thing using a few buttons and PayPal. Personally, I wouldn’t be entering my credit card details onto a third party site that doesn’t have any sort of branding or any indication as to who I am giving my credit card details to. At least with the PayPal option, people can be safe in knowing that it’s a reputable company that’s processing their credit card details.

If you’re not interested in using PayPal, then you could always look at incorporating online payments within your own website. This of course, is a bit more expensive as you’ll need to use a Payment Gateway to process the credit card, you’ll need a certificate and dedicated IP for your website to process payments securely and you’ll also need a merchant account with a bank. It all comes down to how much business will be processed online.

Anyway, just my 2c worth. Good luck with your new payments system.

Cheers,
    Anthony.

Adam Randall
    Up
    ahortin, post: 1862 wrote:
    Hi Adam,

Not trying to be picky of anything, but you mentioned you wanted an online shop where the customer didn’t get redirected to another part of the site that looked different, or to another site altogether. Cheers,
    Anthony.

No problems, credit card transactions are done on my site, not on a third party site, there is no redirection and I have a dedicated IP as well as ssl cert.

Entering the details address and everything, yes I suppose its going to another site, that does not bother me and has never bothered me when I have purchased items off the net as long as the CC processing is done securely. It looks the same as any other name and address page I have had to fill out.

Still its good that I get a viewpoint other than my own. I might now take some time to ensure that the details landing page is a bit more non-generic.

As far as Paypal is concerned, its not the same thing, I have direct control over my funds and its deposited in real time to my own merchant bank account.

As far as Paypal being reputable, I have heard some pretty scary things about their business practices, enough to scare me off anyway.

Susan Oakes
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Congratulations Adam.

A couple of suggestions:

If someone is buying from you it is a good opportunity to ask a couple of questions to find out more about them so you can add the information to your database. We do this and it adds to our knowledge which means we can serve out customers better and we have never had any trouble with anyone filling in the details.

You may want to consider making some of the purchase fields mandatory, because I went into your site and just put in letters, not real informtion. So if I went ahead with the purchase you would really not have any information about my business.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.