Home – New Forums Marketing mastery I Am Going To Give You Email Marketing For Free

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up
    ::

Hey Everyone

I wrote this post to Russell here today and had a dig at Mail Chimp because quite frankly it bugs me that members here mainly just endorse Mail Chimp and Aweber.

Don’t get me wrong… I have been here pretty well from the very start of the Forum so this is no Johnny Come Lately post…

This is a forum for Australian businesses and Mail Chimp and Aweber are USA based corporates that offer a predominately template based solution.

In spite of my posts over the years, there are FS members who always recommend the USA guys without ever having tried 360’s custom based platform and advice… and yet I am Australian based with an Australian based support team… beats me.

So, enough already.

I am going to give a FS member an email marketing platform and support and advice for FREE for Six Months.

There are only three very small conditions…

* You will have a limit of 2,000 emails a month which I imagine will be no restriction to the truly deserving. You can though send any number if you wish to pay our modest fees. This is just to weed out the unscrupulous opportunists.

* You will go into my personal list to receive my weekly marketing ezine but you can unsubscribe at any time if you think it is crap

* You must make a post every month on this thread about your experience. If your experience is in any way not up to your expectations then you are free to say so.

Oh… and of course, I don’t sell email lists… just defusing the questions.

OK… the question is… how do I decide on the winner?

Let’s leave this open through Easter and please give me your suggestions about choosing the winner… worst case, it would only be a name out of a hat if there’s only three of you… and I will post who it is for transparency

On the first business day after Easter I’ll put a link to a registration form on my blog on the 360 website.

Do not underestimate this offer… I will change someone’s business marketing life

Captain Simmo
    • Total posts: 110
    Up
    Warren Cottis, post: 72399 wrote:
    OK… the question is… how do I decide on the winner?

That answer is quite simple Warren… Pick me 😮

Only joking!

However, I am actually in the process of creating a new email list for my new business… so this post has come at a great time for me and offered some great information.

I remember a few years back (2007) in my previous business where everyone in the sales team would just send an email blast to there client list. Everyone had around 1000 emails and they sent them from microsoft outlook. lol

Looks like technology has evolved! I regularly recieve e-newsletters from quite a few businesses who use aweber or infusionmail… never reicieved one from mailchimp to date. Just to clarify, what is the main points of difference of your platform to any of these other ones?

Thanks again Warren and I look forward to your reply!

Simmo.

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    Up
    Captain Simmo, post: 72405 wrote:
    what is the main points of difference of your platform to any of these other ones?

Thanks again Warren and I look forward to your reply!

Simmo.

Absolutely no difference… technology is just technology

However, if want to make income that’s my point of difference

Try getting that guarantee from Mail Chimp and friends

Captain Simmo
    • Total posts: 110
    Up
    Warren Cottis, post: 72416 wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply and clearing that up… yep, I’m definately interested in making income!

Simmo.

Transform
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    Warren Cottis, post: 72416 wrote:

I’m confused how do you guarantee income? I use Mailchimp because its free and because our budget is very low at this stage – aside from it being american and template based (which lets be honest we all expect restrictions from a free product) what exactly is wrong with Mailchimp? Or are you just saying that when you’re ready to move from a free template based mail program to consider your business?

Bek
    http://www.transformmagazine.com.au

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

Warren… pretty interesting

in an ironic way

I registered today to your newsletter
    and the confirmation Title appeared like this

Welcome to our mailing list, {{{first_name}}}

oops… this will not happen in Aweber ;)

just letting you know so you check your configuration

Cheers.

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    Up
    Transform, post: 72419 wrote:
    I’m confused how do you guarantee income? I use Mailchimp because its free and because our budget is very low at this stage – aside from it being american and template based (which lets be honest we all expect restrictions from a free product) what exactly is wrong with Mailchimp? Or are you just saying that when you’re ready to move from a free template based mail program to consider your business?

Bek

Hi Bek

There’s nothing wrong with MailChimp… I was just putting my hand up to say that there are Australian providors including me.

As for the guarantee… if we work together and agree on an outcome then it seems reasonable to me to guarantee my work

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    Up

Thanks for that… there’s nothing wrong with the system, just the operator.

I made a new list in the system before making the post here and forgot to link the automatic email response to the list so it couldn’t find your name.

I also don’t understand all the buttons on the TV remote.

seocourse, post: 72420 wrote:
    Warren… pretty interesting

in an ironic way

I registered today to your newsletter
    and the confirmation Title appeared like this

Welcome to our mailing list, {{{first_name}}}

oops… this will not happen in Aweber ;)

just letting you know so you check your configuration

Cheers.

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up

Hi Warren,

I don’t recall whether I’ve ever recommended Mailchimp or Aweber on this forum, but I do so regularly to customers and others who are interested in that sort of product – I recommend them because they are rock solid products, that do what they say they do really well for a reasonable price (for most of my customers Mailchimp is totally free!). I don’t recomend or use them because of the physical location of their head office, and I wouldn’t recommend or use any product based on that criteria alone (righty or wrongly, the days of “buy Australian at any cost” are simply behind us in this global economy.

I’ve just had a quick look at your website, and I honestly couldn’t find anything on there that suggests you have an online email list management and auto-responder tool that is as easy to use, configure and manage as either Aweber or Mailchimp. It looks to me (and I apologise if I’ve misinterpreted your website), that you offer a managed service – which businesses need to speak to you about.

I’m not suggesting that your product is inferior or not worth pursuing, just that it’s not an equivalent product aimed at the same audience as Mailchimp or Aweber, so perhaps you’re wasting your time (and potentially attracting the wrong customers) trying to compare yourself to them?

The question from Russell in that post you link to in your original post was to do with getting a company to manage the newsletter creation on behalf of his company – this is NOT what Mailchimp or Aweber do. I’m not sure if it is what your company does, but if it is then you could probably do a better job of promoting that point by forgetting about Mailchimp and Aweber entirely. It’s sort of like comparing a a car dealership that sells or leases cars (Mailchimp and Aweber), to a limosine service who will supply a driver and car to drive you to and from any location of your choosing for monthly fee. They both have cars in common (or emails in your case), but otherwise they are two totally different service offerings with completely different customers.

Good luck with your business.

Cheers,
    John

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    onsiteTECHS, post: 72437 wrote:
    …and I honestly couldn’t find anything on there that suggests you have an online email list management …

I had the same impression from looking at the site,it wasn’t clear that you offer a similar service.

I actually use iContact and am very happy with it, it took me 2 minutes to get the basics and about an hour to get it fully integrated using their API to all my forms and systems.

I think the fact they offer templates is actually a plus, I have a couple of templates for different emails (we offer simple bookkeeping tips, customer notifications and trial users follow ups)

Anyway I am all for providing added value to the FS community :-)

Transform
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

John,

Your comment was what I was trying to say! Thanks for putting it so much better!

Bek

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up

We’re getting off the point. These services / offer are a chance for the typical sme to experience the power of email direct marketing. There is generally so much more reporting and information available as compared to conventional marketing.

We’ve used impactdata (Australian) which were fine for a typical business. When applied to a daily deal business their service wasn’t up to it (we’re talking more than a million emails a month). On the other hand cheetah mail were world class but very expensive. You get what you pay for I guess. As a part of the their business they have a team of about 50 people in the US working 24/7 with gmail and hotmail just to make sure they are in sync with their spam standards. They cost tens of thousands per month for the average deal site – not cheap.

Anyway this is something that every SME should look into. 2000 is plenty to test the water (and presumably you need your own database). Give it a go. It’s a good offer and well worth trying.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    StefanT
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Warren

I totally agree that going overseas to outsource an E-mail list is not the best Idea. Why don’t we keep business here in OZ! A US company has defenitely not got the same experience as an Australian Company.

I would defenitely like to enter the draw to win this prize. I have started my company STAT Australia Imports last September and at the moment we only got one brand which we are importing but we are defenitely looking to expand our Business.

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks

Stefan Thomaschuetz

http://www.jacques-lemans.com.au
    [email protected]

TwiinPhotography
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

To those who stated they couldn’t find it – I found it: http://360digitalperformance.com/email-marketing-solutions.aspx

This is a very generous offer :)

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    Up
    JamesMillar, post: 72474 wrote:
    Anyway this is something that every SME should look into. 2000 is plenty to test the water… Give it a go. It’s a good offer and well worth trying.

I said that for transparency I would advise the name of the winner.

Well, after leaving the offer formally open for entries yesterday and today I closed it tonight.

There is no winner because nobody here was interested so I shall put my money back in my pocket

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.