Home – New Forums New here? Share your story I am here to say hello :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    LuckyDip
    • Total posts: 50
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Just a quick introductory post to say hi.

I signed up a couple of days ago and thought what better time to join in the conversation than now.

My name is Ashley and I run a little website called Lucky Dip Design. It’s not a business per se but I am enjoying running the site and having fun helping others out with some of their design needs.

Look forward to joining in the conversation and helping out here and there.

Regards,

Ashley.

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Greetings, Ashley, and welcome to the forums!

You could consider adding a signature (via the Control Panel in the top left) so folks can see what you do at a glance.

Here’s hoping you’ll enjoy the interaction within the forum.

Cheers,

Sam on behalf of the FS team

LuckyDip
    Up

Thanks for the welcome Sam.

Will add a sig too :)

AngelaGirl
    • Total posts: 330
    Up

Hi Ashley

Welcome to the forums!

I googled your website and I’m intrigued.. Wow, do you really do it for the love of it or am I missing something?

Would love to hear more about the concept.

Cheers
    Angela

RBB
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Your designs look great and I love the fun & interactive concept Ashley!

Have to say some of the best marketing I’ve seen is where the brand started up giving away free stuff {which was advice}, built up a strong & loyal fan base then opened up an online shop- they’ve now got customers eating out of their hands!
    It’s very clever & simple and I hope the same works for you- so you get paid for your work because it’s really very good :)

Cheers
    Lindy

ojwebdesign
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

welcome Ashley,

wanted to say hello and welcome :)

also nice design you have there :D

kind regards,
    Oj

LuckyDip
    Up

Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome.

Thank you AngelaGirl, RBB and ojwebdesign for your comments about the designs on Lucky Dip Design.

Here’s a little more about my site:

I am offering everything for free on the website because I enjoy doing those things and it gives me blog content while also helping people out :)

Everything is free and I would like to keep it that way but will soon embellish the offer even more with a few optional extras via a freemium price model.

Although the idea is very simple it’s still very difficult to articulate in words, but here goes nothing:

1. The idea is that people can request a logo, illustration or caricature and I will pick someone at a whim and design it for free.
    2. The design itself will be a spontaneous reaction to the Lucky Dipper’s description/creative brief.
    3. If the Lucky Dipper likes the final design/artwork they can purchase the design files and/or a larger version for a nominal fee of $20. I charge for this part because there’s a bit of boring background work to be done when saving as different formats etc…

I’ve called it Lucky Dip Design because although I’m offering it all for free, I don’t want to be swamped with work so I’ll just pick people at random and then not have to feel obliged to do every request.

This probably calls for a new topic, but I would love any feedback to see what you think of the concept :)

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Hi Lucky Dip, trust me you won’t be swamped at these early stages. Best to forgo any terms and conditions right now in case it puts people off. I can say from experience that even if you’re giving something away for free, it’s still going to cost you to market the idea!

calebmarshall
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Hi Ashley,

I checked out your website, you certainly have great skill there in design!

You should look into creating an email marketing campaign (check out mailchimp.com – it’s free to begin) to build up a loyal community that you can keep in contact with after they’ve received your designs or checked out your website. You’ll also be able to entice them to come back to your website for other reasons down the track.

That way once you’ve built up the community and may start charging in the future you have a community that you are still able to maintain contact with.

All the best!

LuckyDip
    Up

Thanks for the welcome and advice IncredibleCo and CalebMarshall :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.