Home – New Forums Marketing mastery I am selling solar sales leads on and auction on Ebay & would like some advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Need Leads?
    • Total posts: 54
    Up
    ::

Hi all… so I have recently learned that I can be selling my leads products and services on Ebay so have just posted some solar sales leads there for Auction to see how it goes and if I can get some more sales coming through for my lead generation business.

I am looking to hear from anyone with Ebay experience or who may be able to offer advice on my current listing for the solar sales leads and let me know answers to the following;

* Am I giving enough relevant info or too much info?
    * How long does it usually take for people to begin bidding?
    * What are the best ways to get more people to see my listing on Ebay?

This is the link for the current listing for the solar sales leads…. http://www.ebay.com/itm/271349159092?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

I have non-specific advice as I’m not sure about the legality of selling these things as a pre-loved item.

Always start the auction at a price you’re willing to accept. If your auction gets only one bid then you’ll need to honour that bid or risk getting negative feedback.

Not sure why you’ve listed it on ebay.com it might do better if you listed it on the local site of ebay.com.au

You might do better selling them as Buy It Now items rather than auctions.

Be aware of postage, that listing shows 99c for the auction price with free express postage. If you only get one bid you’ll be making a loss.

Why does the listing have this line?

“All leads will be sent via email.”

If this is a physical product you need to send it via a postal service, if it’s a digital product you won’t be allowed to sell it on ebay Australia.

The more I read the more confused I am about your listing. Is it a physical product or not?

Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up

Hi there,

I too was confused until I realised you’re selling sales leads (I originally thought you were selling electrical leads).

I’m also unsure of the policies around what you’re selling but I’ll offer some advise from what I’ve learned about eBay in the last few months (I’m part of a mentor program from a multi-million dollar eBay seller)

– Listing Time: If you’re going to list as an auction, the best time for an auction to finish is 9pm on a Sunday evening (unless it’s a long weekend of an event is on etc) No one will be in front of their computer at 12pm on a Friday, they’ll be out to lunch.

– The longer the listing time, the better, you’ll get more people interested. Listings tend to always finish around the same price (what they’re actually worth), no matter what you list them for. I’ve constantly listed products starting at 50 cents and they always finish up around the same price (lower listing fee too)

– I agree with Suz, I think your product would work better as a Buy It Now. If you pay for an eBay store ($20/month) you can list something as ‘GTC’ (Good ’til cancelled) and this way, the more your product sells the higher it will list, and it will retain it’s history each month when it relists itself

– Be careful of your adcopy, especially since you’re selling a B2B product. As a business owner I only want to deal with professional businesses and typos immediately put me off.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll do my best to answer but I’d suggest double checking with eBay about whether you’re able to sell sales leads on there.

Good luck,

Maclean

Petemac
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

Hi, do you do commercial as well as resdential solar leads? I have a client in the solar field and they have a great deal in place for commercial. They are based in Newcastle, NSW

Cheers

Pete

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.