Home – New Forums Marketing mastery I Can’t Believe……..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Cats
    • Total posts: 85
    Up
    ::

I thought I’d start up a new thread where everyone can join in by adding something that pertains to their industry that they can’t believe, or find difficult to believe. So, for myself in the skin care industry…….

I can’t believe that people think their skin is not waterproof & that they need to use filler filled (water filled ) products to hydrate their skin…..(water is a filler in skin care products, commonly used by 99.99% of skin care companies).
    I can’t believe that people think by using water filled products on the skin, that it will absorb and iron out their wrinkles. Water evaporates (= dries out the skin) and if the skin could absorb water, you wouldn’t be able to shower or swim (imagine how puffy & floppy you would be:D), let alone live with all the bacteria being carried through to the body with the water!

It goes to show if companies shout something out long enough and often enough…people (the masses) will abandon common sense and science…and follow along. So, let’s use this thread as a learning point & find out what we should know in the different industries that we all work in, yet don’t often get to learn about. Knowledge is power!

What is there in your industry that you can’t believe?

Wishes,
    Catherine (Cats) Griss
    KuuSh Pty Ltd
    http://www.kuush.com

NickMorris
    Participant
    • Total posts: 283
    Up

I can’t believe that people think Googling their business name then clicking on it will improve their Search Engine Ranking… actually I can believe it because I remember thinking this myself when I launched my first website.

Knowing what I know now it just seems absurd and gives me a chuckle each time I hear it suggested.

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

For the printing industry:

I can’t believe how many people fall for the “free business cards” hype, then contact me for some “real” cards because, after a six week wait for the free cards to be shipped from the northern hemisphere, they were disappointed with the print quality.

Note this is not having a go at the customers, of course people will be tempted by anything “free”. It’s unfortunate that the company I’m speaking of are not open enough to let people know the cards are low-end, printed overseas, with the company’s own advertising on the back.

Cats
    Up
    NickMorris, post: 116928 wrote:
    I can’t believe that people think Googling their business name then clicking on it will improve their Search Engine Ranking… actually I can believe it because I remember thinking this myself when I launched my first website.

Knowing what I know now it just seems absurd and gives me a chuckle each time I hear it suggested.

I have heard of this many times, so I am sure it happens often. Thanks for sharing!

Cats
    Up
    leisadent, post: 116975 wrote:
    For the printing industry:

I can’t believe how many people fall for the “free business cards” hype, then contact me for some “real” cards because, after a six week wait for the free cards to be shipped from the northern hemisphere, they were disappointed with the print quality.

Note this is not having a go at the customers, of course people will be tempted by anything “free”. It’s unfortunate that the company I’m speaking of are not open enough to let people know the cards are low-end, printed overseas, with the company’s own advertising on the back.

Heard of this many times too. Great to know so much of what we need in business can be found right here :)

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

I can’t believe…. it’s not butter :D [sorry, couldn’t resist!]

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Bridie, Is that not a UK advert that will be wasted here? :)

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

I cannot believe that not everyone agrees with me LOL – kidding of course….

But I cannot believe how little self ability and self reliance people thinking of going into business exhibit.

Uncomplicating
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

…that people buy a PC and expect to be able to use it properly without any training.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

In the Intellectual Property business (well, there’s a lot of things I can’t believe) – but, I can’t believe how many times I have heard people say that because they changed someone else’s copyright by at least “10%” that they’re fine to use it… Not sure who started this rumour but it’s not true people! (There’s no set ‘percentage’ to change someone else’s copyright and be ‘safe’).

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

Pet Industry

I can’t believe that people think that their dogs don’t need walking. Even the small and fluffy dogs have wolf DNA and have a migratory instinct within them that the daily walk helps to satisfy. They also become calmer and more balanced by releasing mental and physical energy while walking.

Uncomplicating
    • Total posts: 731
    Up
    bridiej, post: 117006 wrote:
    I can’t believe…. it’s not butter :D [sorry, couldn’t resist!]

I can!!! Seriously, have you tasted that stuff?!

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

I can’t believe that people think they can get a custom built website for under $100. Seriously…

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Another one:

I can’t believe people think it’s ok to use poor grammar, the wrong (or no) punctuation, bad spelling, or use words like ‘bcos’ ‘i’ ‘u’ on a business forum or business emails and expect themselves to be taken seriously.

Cats
    Up
    AdvancedPetSitting, post: 117120 wrote:
    Pet Industry

I can’t believe that people think that their dogs don’t need walking. Even the small and fluffy dogs have wolf DNA and have a migratory instinct within them that the daily walk helps to satisfy. They also become calmer and more balanced by releasing mental and physical energy while walking.

My ‘rescue dog’ wanted to go for a walk last Thursday (as she did all the time) even with badly failing kidneys. Sadly the next day she had to be put down as she was nearly gone :(.
    So, yes, they do need walking, I agree. They absolutely love it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.