Home – New Forums Starting your journey I have an entrepreneurial idea. How to start?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    DanielM
    • Total posts: 241
    Up
    ::

Something I have been thinking about over the last 6-8 months is still bugging me so I have decided to pursue it. I just don’t know where to start? I’m primarily concerned with legal issues with starting a new ‘business’.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be great! My idea is currently not being done and it is very disruptive for the industry.

Simply Money Honey
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Hi Daniel

I have a free business start-up checklist on my website which can guide you through the things you need to do and think about when starting a new business.

You can access it by clicking the link in my signature below.

Good luck!

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

It’s hard to give specific advice because the details you’ve provided are quite vague, but if you’re concerned primarily with legal issues then i’d suggest starting off with a lawyer.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Daniel

Another member here is http://www.legalvision.com.au they are very helpful and have a google + page where you can ask free questions. They do fixed price legal advice which is very affordable, so I suggest you start there.

happyez
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

I agree with MissSassy, go to LegalVision, a good service, used it myself.

Once you get more of an idea of what it is you want to do, you can start planning.

DanielM
    • Total posts: 241
    Up

Thanks everyone for the advice. I’ll check out LV!

Otherwise I’ll try to Google the issue as I don’t have very much finance.

SecElec
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

I remember having the same concerns and actually made an appointment with the Office of Fair trading in Parramatta when I first thought about starting. They can put you in touch with all the right information to start with.

That way you are half way there when you engage your own lawyer to set everything up.

shanekal
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi Daniel,

It seems like you have legal concerns about your business idea/product/service. I think you need a personalised advice on this. I don’t know to what extent Google can help you in this. Sometimes it is worth spending money to get the right information. You will end up spending more if you go wrong in the starting point.

All the best anyway,

Regards,

3ntr3pr3n3ur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Daniel,

I’m feeling this “legal” issue is potentially related to the operation of the business and your desired business structure?!…

If correct, it would be more appropriate to discuss it with an accountant…

Can you clarfiy your query a little further?

Regards,

Manish Khanna
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi,
    I will firstly say ‘Good Luck’ with your entrepreneurial endeavour. My advice would be to get a business consultant/coach, there are some very reputable coaches that I know. They will be able to point you in the right direction, even if it is with one session.
    ‘Brian Tracey’ is one that I know is very reliable and trustworthy, they are very helpful. Their advice and information will also be a bit better than the results from Google as most have had real experience.
    Hopefully this helps and I will again wish you luck!
    Sincerely,
    Manish

Sadi
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

you can try centre 4 business coaching,

http://www.c4bc.com.au,

they deal with start ups and all issues in respect to privacy laws as well as protecting your IP,

Their fees are very competitive.

cheers,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.