Home – New Forums New here? Share your story I just came up with a great biz idea!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MPetrova
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi all!

I’m totally new to all this, having spent my life quite happily working for others… and still am, actually.

But you know how every now and then, you think of something, and say ‘jeez, that would be a great business, idea!’… and then have a conversation with a friend about it and then do absolutely nothing and forget all about it? – yes, I’ve done that a lot in the past!

But… recently, I had an idea so good, I just couldn’t forget it and just had to follow it up and now, suddenly, I’m having a conversation with an overseas company about importing their pet food product over here and becoming their distributor!

So, early days, but looking through the forum has already given me heaps of thoughts/ideas, so I’d love to join & ask questions & have discussions.

So hi everyone!

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Hello MPetrova

Welcome to the Forums.

There’s a few Pet people around here including one with a pets Forum that you might want to take a look at.

All best,

Lindsay

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

Hi MPetrova,

Congrats for taking that extra step and looking into it a bit further.

May I suggest that you check out the information provided on the DAFF website.

http://daff.gov.au/aqis/import/biological/checklist/animal-feed

Cheers

Cat :)

DANKS
    • Total posts: 134
    Up

shot me a msg if you want any advice or help. I have a consultant that can help you with your permits and perhaps can suggest your product to a few of my customers.

MPetrova
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thank you for the welcome everyone. I look forward to chatting with you all!

Nikita
    • Total posts: 120
    Up

Welcome to the forums! Hope you like it here!

angela123
    • Total posts: 310
    Up

Is it a premium brand pet food? I know that I and a lot of other pet owners pay alot of money for high quality dry food, if you are importing a premium or super premium brand and can offer it for a bit less than what is already on the market, you may be onto a winner :)

themoneytap
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

G’day!

Glad you making steps towards your own business, its an amazing feeling when after all the work you make your first sale.

As the others have said, im happy ot help you out. I’ve ordered several products through china/usa and have had a little experience with import brokers etc.

Good luck,

Ben

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.