Home – New Forums Logistics i need advice on contacting a wholesaler!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TeeLaine
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi my name is Tahnee and I’m new to Flying Solo! My husband and I are doing our homework on starting a business which involves importing and distributing a product with a service. I have already found some very helpful information on here, I’m so glad I found Flying Solo! *But I do have a few questions that I really hope someone can help me with.
    -We have found the Wholesaler & we have an email address for the person we need to contact but Im not exactly sure what to write in our first email to them. Im thinking we will need to ask for wholesale unit prices and minimum order requirements but Is that all? Should I ask to be a distributor or Should I say I want to become a distributor? Now that I read that back it sounds silly but I really want to make the best first impression.
    -Would it benefit us if we already had a registered Business name and ABN before we made contact to prove that we are serious?
    -Does every business that imports into Australia need a Customs Broker and/or Freight Forwarder (if we succeed, the product is only very small so I couldn’t imagine receiving more than 1 box at a time) if that has anything to do with it :)

If there is anything else you think I should know or tips to get the ball rolling I would be very appreciative. Thanks In Advance!

I hope everyone has a great day.
    Tahnee :)

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up
    ::

Hi Tahnee,

Welcome to the forums, and best of luck with your upcoming venture (and adventures). :)

Hopefully someone with the right experience will drob by with some advice.

Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.