• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Boong Boong Fashion
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi,
    I’m new to this forum.
    I’m the process of open a fashion business.
    I want to run this business similar to Tupperware, I have spoke to a few business expert in fashion industry and business management. They advise me to have a retail store as well. I want to keep the start up cost low and just place order of stocks as I received orders from the customer.
    Please give me some advise of wether I need to have a store to generate more clients and make more profit.
    Thanks

Vivian

Cake & Bake Beginner
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi Vivian,

I do not work in the fashion industry but based o the information you provided I would suggest there is no need to have a retail store for starting the business.

Think about re -sellers on ebay, many do not have retail stores, and if you are ordering goods locally you may not even need to hold a large range of stock.

Simply take orders and ship from the manufacturer if this option is open to you.

I would start the business with as little overheads as possible and only introduce a retail store when it becomes viable to do so.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like a good way to test demand for your products before making any larger investments, so best of luck!

Dave

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

If AVON can survive without a retail store, so can you.

I take it your fashion products will be unique or rare?

If you can build up loyal customers that return (be it online or mail order), then the rest is good marketing if you have a unique appealing product. Paying for a retail store could burn you up too early. Something to consider once you establish your initial momentum.

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

If you’re wanting to keep start up costs low, then don’t worry about having a physical store at all. Go online, study some of the really successful businesses in that space like boohoo.com and others and see what it takes to succeed.

The key in most instances is having an incredibly good policy on returns and shipping. Once you have that, there will be very little barrier to purchase for customers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.