Home Forums Tell me straight… **I need an exit, HELP please**

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hitesharora
    • Total posts: 12

Dear all,
    Last year, during the big mad rush to order sanitisers, I took the plunge too and ordered Automatic Hand Sanitiser Dispensers believing these would flyoff the shelf in no time. My order was delayed and I had lost significant time in getting this product up and running.
    Long story short, I sold 50% of them though FB/ Instagram ad works, however, now struggling to sell the remaining 50%. I have heavily discounted the product, yet stuck where I am pumping money into ads but not getting any sales.

My query is?

What’s the best way to sell these remaining products?. I have nearly no time to do door to door sales.
    Any out of the ordinary suggestion that someone would like to share?

Appreciate your guidance people!

Kind regards,
    Hitesh

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,523

Hi Hitesh,

I would try selling the lot for a bargain price to one business. Do your research so you know roughly what they are currently paying for similar product.

Tell them your story, so they know why you’re selling so cheap. Otherwise they will assume it’s a low quality product.

Dave

Hitesharora
    • Total posts: 12

Thanks Dave, I appreciate your thoughts and your time to reply.

I shall surely consider your approach as it seems to be the most logical way out

Thanks again

Hitesh

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,120

Just to follow on from Dave’s suggestion, selling to a commercial cleaning supply company may be an option noting they generally like to have their products “supported”.

Cheers
    Paul

Rhonwyn
    • Total posts: 5

Hi Hitesh,
    Both these previous suggestions are worth pursuing and dont forget local councils and schools in this too. But I would also suggest that your hand sanitising stations probably just hold bottles of sanitiser pumps, correct? Maybe consider what else they could dispense…
    For example, sunscreen at pools and public venues?
    Enviro-friendly dish soap for outdoor BBQ/cooking areas? Etc
    A few bulk sales is definitely the way to go. Make sure you still keep your head and come out with a profit at the other side. You might feel a bit flat from the lack of sales, but don’t de-value your product because of that. You still have something worthy to sell.

Hope that helps.
    Rhonwyn

Nikki Nunnari
    • Total posts: 6
    Hitesharora, post: 271835, member: 118188 wrote:
    Dear all,
    Last year, during the big mad rush to order sanitisers, I took the plunge too and ordered Automatic Hand Sanitiser Dispensers believing these would flyoff the shelf in no time. My order was delayed and I had lost significant time in getting this product up and running.
    Long story short, I sold 50% of them though FB/ Instagram ad works, however, now struggling to sell the remaining 50%. I have heavily discounted the product, yet stuck where I am pumping money into ads but not getting any sales.

My query is?

What’s the best way to sell these remaining products?. I have nearly no time to do door to door sales.

Kind regards,
    Hitesh

Hitesharora, post: 271835, member: 118188 wrote:
    Dear all,

My query is?

Kind regards,
    Hitesh

You obviously have other products that you market Hitesh.

Consider offering the Automatic Hand Sanitiser Dispensers for ‘free’ with each sale of another product.

i.e Buy one (or more) of xxxx and receive an Automatic Hand Sanitiser Dispenser for Free.

You will of course have to recalculate and adjust pricing (products and shipping) to cover your costs.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472
    Nikki Nunnari, post: 271860, member: 47294 wrote:
    Y

i.e Buy one (or more) of xxxx and receive an Automatic Hand Sanitiser Dispenser for Free.

You will of course have to recalculate and adjust pricing (products and shipping) to cover your costs.

Unsure why you need to recalculate the product price, if you are offering the hand sanitiser for free, the first product is the same price. Sounds like a proposal for false advertising

Corey
    • Total posts: 568

Have you considered major Gym Franchises plus your Local Council run Leisure Centres, organisations with high foot traffic.

Cheers
    Corey

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.