Home – New Forums Tell me straight… I Need Your Feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AnnaAdams15
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Greetings Flying Solo Community.

I am currently under taking a survey and I am in desperate need of Small Business Owners feedback.

What I am trying to determine is:
    “where do you go to hire someone when you require a business service”

• Seek.com.au
    • Gumtree
    • Freelance site: Odesk, Elance, Service Seeking
    • Google search
    • Word of Mouth
    • Other

Any additional feedback you can provide on why you choose this avenue, and have you had bad experience with alternative avenues? would be much appreciated.:)

I understand you are all helping out of the kindness of your hearts without expecting anything in return. I really appreciate you for taking the time out to help me :-)

RoverStar
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi AnnaAdams,

I’m currently in the hiring process and it’s really hard to find good competent staff anywhere. It’s like there are thousands of people applying for ‘every’ job without even reading the job add.

Local:
    Seek.com.au – which I Hate!! Too expensive and 90% of applicants are from India, living IN India right now..
    Mycareer.com.au – Love. Free and quick. Not many candidates through
    Pedestrian – Love but all young and want a marketing / advertisting job
    Gumtree – OK. Again lots of overseas applicants and people that can’t read English and obviously didn’t read the job.
    Linkedin – Bad. Expensive and again candidates from overseas (living overseas) plus not many local.

Overseas:
    Odesk – wins hands down. I’ve tried the others and Odesk is the best and easiest but you have to word your job very carefully to ensure you get people that can actually read and do the task.

Hope that helps :)

AnnaAdams15
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Rover

Thank you so much for the feedback. I have had similar experiences with what you have mentioned.

I found many that just send their regular resume/cover letter for every job they apply for. Highly irritating!

Or they are over qualified for the position they are applying for. I had an advertisement on seek for a sales rep, basically converting warm leads into sales however majority of my applications are from people with experience as “Call centre manager” “Sales supervisor” “Business development manager” they would speak about wanting to lead a team etc when they are applying for an entry job.

They probably think they are doing a good thing by telling me all these positions they have had and how they are a leader but that is not what my position advertises therefore they are put to the side.

I guess these are things we learn as business owners but the employee has no idea this is what we are thinking and needing.

Thanks again for the feedback

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.