Home – New Forums Starting your journey I shop for you

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    shopping lady
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone.
    For way to long i have had the desire and contant thoughts to provide a shopping service. A shopping service that provides a service in my area and also a virtual shopper. I have the car, the phone, the computer, business is registered, i have cards, flyers, a pricing structure, have a domain name – website not developed. But constantly get chewed up by my lack of confidence. Im not meek and mild I do have a personality that would build relationships for this type of service.
    I think people require grass cutters and cleaners and people are also time poor and dislike shopping
    Can anyone out there give me a good kick up the bum, leads thoughts and or ideas.
    Thanks for your time – look forward to your responses.
    Jenny.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Jenny,

Welcome to the forum.
    I feel honored to give you your first kick.
    Go into control panel and make a footer (signature) with your contact details.
    Best of luck.

Steve

trymyluck
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

Hi Jenny, good luck with your business. I understand your lack of confidence with something not trialled before, My suggestion is to target one customer at a time and in time you will find out if there is enough work in this type of business for you. Its not about success or failure.. Its the learning journey as well.
    There appears to be a need for this service however you need to get people who are willing to PAY you the $$$ I believe this will come down to you and your personality and how professional people see you and your marketing material. … YOU are the business !! Lots of lawnmower and gardening guys lack the personality, charisma and business savvy but still earn a good living. So go hard and see what happens.
    Im sure others here will have more specific techniques to gain business for you. I look forward to hearing how you go.

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

Hi Jenny,

Welcome and good luck with your new venture. I deal with a a concierge business here is Brisbane and they offer not just shopping but all kinds of personal and professional services. The are called MyGo2Girl if you want to have a look and get some more ideas.

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

Hi

It is a good idea, maybe for those mums who are working full time and have kids so are extremely busy generally. They may pay a premium to have someone else take their shopping list and have the items purchased and delivered. You may be up against the major players who provide online shopping but a personal interaction would be your differentiation and it could be great.

I am with the other FSists and maybe trialling with a few clients to get reactions and square away your business model.

Go For It! You never now until you give it a go right!

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

How do you get confident at something?
    You do it over and over again, successfully!

Loving your thoughts here, sounds like you are at the very beginning of your business – have you completed a business plan?

You definitely have a market – there are so many busy people (like me!) out there, that really dislike wasting an hour or two at the shops every week.

My number one thought for you: pick a niche (eg busy small business owners?) and know your points of difference! (why choose YOU over anyone else)

Best of luck :)

simonw
    • Total posts: 60
    Up

In the words of Richard Branson – Screw it, let’s do it. What have you got to lose?

I use Coles online service and love it for the convenience. If you could offer me something better then i would be interested. For instance, when something is out of stock Coles will just give something similar, but often it is not what I would have wanted. A personal shopper could phone me with a few options, and would get to know what I wanted.

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

Great business idea :) I know a lot of people are getting busy these days. Perhaps draw a profile of the perfect customer one who will benefit from your business. I can think of corporate professional male bachelors being someone that may not have the time or can be bothered to shop. Maybe you can draw out your perfect customer and speak to a few and see if you can drum up some trial contracts. Maybe do it at a lower rate and develop some case studies and experience.

Best of luck xx
    Wendy from SavvySME

shopping lady
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

thanks SO MUCH to you all. this has kicked over the wheel for me to go forward. taking it all in and acting on it. you comments are very inspiring and helpful.

Paul B.
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

For what it counts I think there is realy potential in your idea.

I am at a similar crossroads with my small business. I work full-time as a professional and spend my spare time developing my small business. I am frustrated (which leads to lack of confidence + motivation) with the speed my small business is developing. It has potential, but I learning more and more that this venture would require me to jump in both feet to have a chance of making it work.

Having just taken on my first mortgage my confidence to jump ship and take on being a soloist is at an all time low. I feel that not only would taking on my SME venture lead to me earning less money – it may lead to not earning enough to cover my living expenses.

I guess (please comment if you agree) its a matter of waiting until there is a situation where you can accept the worst case scenario and go for it. I am not there yet.

Shoes2u
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Just do it.
    Fortune favors the brave.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.