Home – New Forums Tech talk I.T Support – New Website Feedback and Our Introductory Offer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tech Away
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone.

We have recently re-launched our website, after a much needed update and we would appreciate any and all feedback regarding content, ease of use, flow and appeal.

About us: We are a I.T. Managed Service Provider for small businesses. We provide business I.T. solutions for businesses ranging from 10-100 people across Australia, with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

[Mod Edit To Remove Promotional Offer]

Just visit 99problems.com.au if you would like to find out more information on our introductory offer of FREE I.T. support.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Hi [USER=51270]@Tech Away[/USER]

Checked out your site earlier today, from mobile. There’s an issue or two on mobile.

In Landscape mode the navigation got caught up with the logo (I think) and was illegible above the fold for a bit…Also very slow. That’s on a very good 4g connection Samsung S8.

Retried on a notebook recently all the content is there that I’d want and well laid out imo, too many distracting widgets though.

Desktop loading was also VERY slow (FTN NBN connection).

As is my habit, ran the site through some tests (3 – all from Sydney and Melbourne servers) all were averaging load times of over 20 seconds …I’d be talking to your competitors after 4 or 5.

Maybe you’re in Beta mode. If not you need someone that really knows their stuff to optimise it e.g. Pingdom (the easiest test imo) 108 requests, 24 second plus load time, 94 % of websites tested are faster. There are a heap of 404 not found errors too.

I figure selling IT it’s probably not the best look.

All the other seemed ok.

Cheers

pmullen
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

G’day [USER=51270]@Tech Away[/USER]

Just to echo Greg’s comments, the website is very large. Running a test with Pingdom, the website clocks in at a whopping 456.4MB. That’s unbelievably big. I’m assuming it’s due to all the video’s you’re loading on the homepage.

4ynSSOb.png

Ideally a website should be no larger than a few mb. That would be the first thing I would fix.

Secondly, have you tested on a Mac? I’m using a MacBook Pro with a Magic Mouse and the scrolling sensitivity on the homepage seems off. Each scroll skips through multiple sections of the homepage. I’ve seen this effect before and I know each scroll is meant to show one section at a time, so that’s why I thought I’d mention it.

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

I gave up waiting for it to load.

Tech Away
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hi Everyone,

Thanks everyone for your feedback. [USER=38207]@Greg_M[/USER] [USER=39536]@John Romaine[/USER] [USER=82670]@pmullen[/USER]

We’ll certainly get onto optimizing the website for better loading speeds. It’s funny how you start thinking about one particular aspect too much and stuff like loading speed never seems that bad. So great feedback.

We’ll certainly look at testing the scrolling on macs, and working out the overlay issue with text.

If you are ever in need of some I.T. support or Tips you know where to come.

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.