Home – New Forums Find the help you need I think I need some SEO help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I think it’s time for me to get some SEO help, however, my budget is limited.
    If there is someone who would be willing to take me on and help me get my business a bit more off the ground – at the moment it’s more like 6 feet under – and I would appreciate help.

Now, my understanding of SEO is that website copy and SEO are strongly connected. Correct me if I’m wrong.
    How do I start? Do I have a list of keywords and base the website copy around that and then someone goes in and does the rest of the SEO magic?
    Or is it the other way around?

I’d love to hear from you.

Warmest regards,
    Mel

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

There’s far more to answer this correctly, and probably a lot more going on in your website that’s contributing to whatever results (or lack of) that you’re experiencing.

As far as creating content on your website goes, just write normal content that’s about the topics / keywords you want to rank for. If you sell “kids shoes” for example, you’ll probably want to write some stuff about kids shoes. That will naturally help your results for that keyword.

If that’s not cutting it it’s probably worth hiring an expert who can focus on fine details or any issues which might be attracting penalties. Someone who operates in line with Google’s own best practice guidelines.

If you still need help with this feel free to get in contact with me.

CapRoberts
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Write as much relevant content for your website and publish the site. I would not worry too much about SEO with a limited budget. Your site will always be on top of the list on very specific searches such as Embalm Skincare products and will probably not show up at all if you just search for Skincare products, no matter how much money you throw at it. For now my advice is build the site, submit it to Google with http://www.google.com.au/addurl and concentrate on doing conventional marketing at first.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    EmbalmSkincare, post: 191212 wrote:
    Now, my understanding of SEO is that website copy and SEO are strongly connected. Correct me if I’m wrong.
    You are correct about this but there is a lot more to it.

It includes:

• Who am I writing my copy for?
    • What am I writing about?
    • What do I want the readers to do?
    • How many others are publishing similar information?
    • How hard is it to push my copy to the top of the search list?

Octopus Labs is right. SEO is a big subject.

Most people think it is all about Step 4, below. When you are in the very competitive skin care market, it looks like you will have little chance of attracting many generic SE referrals by simply fiddling with on-page HTML code elements.

SEO is an ongoing process that consists of:

Step 1: Research
    Research into how potential customers might look for info about your sorts of products and how well your competitors are answering these many questions.

Step 2: Planning

• Deciding the online marketing strategies and tactics to be implemented
    • Defining a SE-friendly site structure and design to help you implement your marketing tactics/strategies

Step 3: Implementation
    Controling and monitoring the creation of the site and its content

Step 4: Onsite SEO Code
    This is the small but important piece of SEO where you add the HTML code elements often managed by SEO plug-ins.

Step 5: Encouraging External Links
    These are best earned. Do NOT fall for any link building offers, Google will likely ignore them or cane you for them.

Step 6: Monitor and React
    This brings you back to step 1. Monitor results. Identify problems and opportunities. Implement remedial action.

The first point of call is Google’s SEO Starter Guide.

Regs,
    JohnW

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    EmbalmSkincare, post: 191212 wrote:
    Hi all,

I think it’s time for me to get some SEO help, however, my budget is limited.
    If there is someone who would be willing to take me on and help me get my business a bit more off the ground – at the moment it’s more like 6 feet under – and I would appreciate help.

How do I start? Do I have a list of keywords and base the website copy around that and then someone goes in and does the rest of the SEO magic?
    Or is it the other way around?

I’d love to hear from you.

Warmest regards,
    Mel
    Hi Mel

How are you?

I can assist with this, and you can do either of the above. However, i’d suggest we do a keyword and competitor analysis for you first. We tend to do that first, and then assist you with your blogging once we know how people have searched for skincare products in the past. From there we’ll be able to prioritise your blog calendar, which just helps you keep on target, and focus on where you are likely to have the biggest impact.

I’m already working with several companies to do this, and I’m happy to share this with you.

Jenny

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.