Home – New Forums Marketing mastery I will be donating $200 to charity if I am wrong with what I said to this person

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Dane Pymble
    • Total posts: 227
    Up
    ::

Hi all

I invite you to check out what I consider to be quite an amusing thread over at Manta – basically a US version of Flying Solo – http://connect.manta.com/t/how-do-i-effectively-yet-with-creative-f?uid=14612&f=32&t=17044&start=0

The thread is titled “How do I effectively (yet with creative frugality) advertise my businesses?”

Here is what he says – “Let me be upfront; I have virtually no money. I am an affiliate of Zeekler.com and PayGOL.com. Want to hear your suggestions on how to advertise for potential customers (customers who are not “junk traffic”) as inexpensively as possible. Thank you.”

Long story short he didn’t like some home truths that I only delivered after HE DID THAT REALLY ANNOYING THING OF SHOUTING IN FULL CAPS!!!

Was I too harsh?

Should I be eating humble pie?

You be the judge. At the very least it’s for a good cause because if I am wrong I will be donating $200 to charity and will happily do so because if someone can bring me x+n of revenue for every x dollar I spend – without having to do anything other than provide you with my affiliate links – then I will be paying you money hand over fist!

Trust me I think you will at the very least have a good laugh – http://connect.manta.com/t/how-do-i-effectively-yet-with-creative-f?uid=14612&f=32&t=17044&start=0

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up

LMAO

“go away Dane”

oh my, that really has me chuckling like a loony to myself!

Keep us up to date!

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up

LMAO

“go away Dane”

oh my, that really has me chuckling like a loony to myself!

Keep us up to date!

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Just donate anyway, and stop wasting time arguing with Internet nobodies :)

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Dane Pymble
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 115008 wrote:

AWWWW don’t give away my secrets:(

Dane Pymble
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 115008 wrote:

AWWWW don’t give away my secrets:(

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Just donate you will feel much better.
    Think of the medical bills you will save on

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Just donate you will feel much better.
    Think of the medical bills you will save on

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

If you don’t have money, do what i did and find a complementary business to joint venture with.

give them a fee out of the profits so it’s costs you nothing upfront.

ofcourse you would need to knock on many doors especially when you are new. in my case, i offered a very high commission for successful referrals and a risk free offer to prospects.

We waste too much money on marketing imo.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

If you don’t have money, do what i did and find a complementary business to joint venture with.

give them a fee out of the profits so it’s costs you nothing upfront.

ofcourse you would need to knock on many doors especially when you are new. in my case, i offered a very high commission for successful referrals and a risk free offer to prospects.

We waste too much money on marketing imo.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Were you too harsh? No, I don’t think so. Your initial response/information was pleasant and useful. Whilst this may not be what he was after, I think his reply thereafter was quite rude! Seems you are not alone on that particular discussion and others there are agreeing with your view!

I kind of hope people take up your challenge, posting clear and easy answers because I will happily pay $20-$25 per month on my own internet marketing once the ‘magic answers’ are posted ;)

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Were you too harsh? No, I don’t think so. Your initial response/information was pleasant and useful. Whilst this may not be what he was after, I think his reply thereafter was quite rude! Seems you are not alone on that particular discussion and others there are agreeing with your view!

I kind of hope people take up your challenge, posting clear and easy answers because I will happily pay $20-$25 per month on my own internet marketing once the ‘magic answers’ are posted ;)

Dane Pymble
    Up

@Jacqui, thanks yeah at first I thought it was just me but he has been the same to everyone who has helped him!

@Khalid – that’s kind of what he is doing in reverse. he gets paid the commission for referring people to affiliate sites. The thing is he wants to simply pay someone to turn his 20-25 bucks a month into something more than that while he sits back and watches the money roll in without offering anything of value! Having said that though even though you paid nothing up front for your prospects you still have to factor in the cost you have paid to acquire the client being the commission you are paying the referrer. Still I agree it’s a good idea for those starting out with limited upfront capital.

Dane Pymble
    Up

@Jacqui, thanks yeah at first I thought it was just me but he has been the same to everyone who has helped him!

@Khalid – that’s kind of what he is doing in reverse. he gets paid the commission for referring people to affiliate sites. The thing is he wants to simply pay someone to turn his 20-25 bucks a month into something more than that while he sits back and watches the money roll in without offering anything of value! Having said that though even though you paid nothing up front for your prospects you still have to factor in the cost you have paid to acquire the client being the commission you are paying the referrer. Still I agree it’s a good idea for those starting out with limited upfront capital.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.