Home – New Forums Tell me straight… I’d like some feedback on my marketing articles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MikeSmith
    • Total posts: 38
    Up
    ::

Hey team!

I’ve only just started writing marketing articles and I’d love some feedback to let me know whether I’m on the right track, or whether I’ve totally missed the mark.

And before you think it – this is not a ‘thinly disguised advertisement’ for my blog or our business. The business I work for usually works with larger businesses. I’m personally trying to write stuff with relevance to any business owner though.

My goal is to make marketing just a little bit easier for you, so I’m hoping that I’m on the right track – because it doesn’t have to be hard.

Three easy steps to turn your amazing features into benefits that sell!

How to Create a Unique Selling Point that Works for YOU

Thanks!

P.S. In the long run, I would love to be a contributor on Flying Solo as well, so constructive feedback would be really valuable. Hopefully I’ll end up being able to give lots back to you too.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Re: I’d love some feedback on my marketing articles

MikeSmith, post: 123605 wrote:
    Hey team!

I’ve only just started writing marketing articles and I’d love some feedback to let me know whether I’m on the right track, or whether I’ve totally missed the mark.

And before you think it – this is not a ‘thinly disguised advertisement’ for my blog or our business. The business I work for usually works with larger businesses. I’m personally trying to write stuff with relevance to any business owner though.

My goal is to make marketing just a little bit easier for you, so I’m hoping that I’m on the right track – because it doesn’t have to be hard.

Three easy steps to turn your amazing features into benefits that sell!

How to Create a Unique Selling Point that Works for YOU

Thanks!

P.S. In the long run, I would love to be a contributor on Flying Solo as well, so constructive feedback would be really valuable. Hopefully I’ll end up being able to give lots back to you too.

Hi Mike,

I like your FAB article and I strongly believe in the principle but how do we put all this information on a site or advertisment without creating a wall of text?

Steve

MikeSmith
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

Re: I’d love some feedback on my marketing articles

Yeah, that was one of my main concerns before I hit the publish button – it’s just so long! But I already think it’s (potentially) over-simplified and could do with a pile more examples. It’s such a fine line between too much content and so little content that it has no depth..

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Mike,

I’ve moved your post over here to the Community Reviews section of the forum, which is the more appropriate spot for it. You’ll probably find that you get more responses here.

To help people give you the most helpful review they can, please have a quick read through of the guidelines you’ll find at the top of the page on this part of the forum, and please also let us know the answers to these questions, in as much detail as you can:

Quote:
    The more effort you put into your post, the more meaningful the feedback will be. For this reason, please ‘copy and paste’ the following questions into your post, along with your responses:

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

Good luck for your review :)
    Jayne

SmartBizBlog
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

I’m going to have to agree with Cathie – I feel like I’m going to come out with used car at the end of some of them :) Feels like heavy sales copy. This is more likely going to stop you having regular visitors.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.