Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Idea for our new Company Logo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    homes
    • Total posts: 35
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

We’re in the process of developing a new real estate investors website homes247.com.au and we’re after some ideas to improve our proposed logo. We’d love to hear from you if you think you have a creative ideas similar to competitors logos like the ‘window effect’ in the ‘M’ with domain.com.au. Current we are using text only in a ‘magistralC bold font.

Sorry we haven’t got any money to throw around, but if you could spare a few minutes and think you could improve on the current homes247 artwork, we would greatly appreciate it.

Regards

Mick

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

You have no money but you want design help?

Seriously.

homes
    Up
    dan, post: 23925 wrote:
    You have no money but you want design help?

Seriously.

Hi Dan, thanks for the reply. Seriously… some design ideas if anyone has some, that would be great. I don’t think everyone out there is chasing the dollar. I can appreciate you may see otherwise.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

We’re all running businesses here and we need dollars to survive. Some of us are in the business of creating ideas.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

seems the main part of your site is the 24/7 aspect, so maybe a house incorporating a clock or a digital 24/7 incorporated in to a house design. Othersie what you have will do till you have $ to spend on a professional design process.

homes
    Up
    King, post: 23964 wrote:
    seems the main part of your site is the 24/7 aspect, so maybe a house incorporating a clock or a digital 24/7 incorporated in to a house design. Othersie what you have will do till you have $ to spend on a professional design process.

Thanks King, I like the idea of the clock; I’ll play around with concept and let you know.

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi getfiles

As you’ll see, we’ve moved your thread over into ‘community reviews’ where (contrary to Dan’s comment!) you are likely to attract some valuable input from the many designers who frequent this section.

It’s unlikely you’ll get creative work for nothing, but suggestions should help.

Robert

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Whats the different with Mark looking for some inspiration with his logo design, (Which apparently he should pay a logo designer to do), than to say anyone else on this forum who has questions about their business?

I mean if they want to ask an accountancy question, what right do they have to post it when accountants need to make money? They should just hire out an accountant.

Or why post an SEO question? Thats just plain rude! Why not hire an SEO expert like everyone else? I mean, they need money to survive!

I think the forums are here FOR this kind of advice!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand …

Mick I think you should focus on colour first, I’ve got a blog article with the basic meanings of each colour here. That may be a good start.

I like the idea posted by King for the clock and I also think it’s a good idea to incorporate a house in the design, even if domain has done that already. Just do it differently =)

Some good resources for font’s to use in your design are …
    dafont.com
    1001fonts.com

Sorry if I couldn’t be too much help, I don’t normally do logo designs myself. (I use a graphic designer :P)

homes
    Up

Thanks for the comments emroy, my thoughts exactly. Re the logo; the problem I’m facing now is I’d like to combined the two ideas i.e. the clock and house concept with over-crowding the image.

PS. Thanks for the links

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

What about having the house not part of the wording, put perhaps making the clock the “o” or something similar?

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

I think it’s more the point that the concept is half the work.

It’s one thing to say “Hey SEO gurus, what do you think of my keywords?” and saying “Hey SEO gurus, give me the best keywords to use”.

It’s OK to bounce ideas around, but I wouldn’t expect a designer to come and just say “I’ve got this fantastic concept, how about this and this”.

Thrive Promotional
    • Total posts: 146
    Up

Hi

Don’t want to intrude into the design from a cyber viewpoint … but from any other promotional or marketing material you want to create using the logo.

As a promotional product company, I see so many logos that are complicated ad difficult to recreate onto a promotional item (pens, stationery items etc) .. or become extra $$ because of the colours/shades etc.

You may not think you want to utilise this type of tool … not now (although real estate industry are big users of promo items), but at the design stage, at least consider all the possible uses.

Try to have different variations for different projects – colour, b&w etc. Work with a graphic design who has experience working in a range of mediums.

That’s my 2c worth.

Cheers.

Chromatix
    Participant
    • Total posts: 85
    Up

2 cents from a business that creates corporate identities and logos:

– write out the main proposition of what your business is all about…i.e. what is your websites main business aim, so you have an idea of what direction you want to take. You want to be smart about your logo, not just have a pretty image
    – have a creative idea of what you might like to see, everyone is entitled to a creative opinion
    – if you can’t afford a design studio/agency to create your logo, perhaps you can hire a freelance designer to help you out rather than taking on the job yourself. Don’t limit the designer to your creative ideas but have them consider it in their creative process. Do remember, they are professionals in what they do.

At the end of the day, we always tell our clients, you get what you pay for and at the end of the day its your pick. All the best with it getfiles.

Irwin

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.