Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Ideas for how to advertise services to schools and childcare centres

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    HelenGFST
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi all, this is my first time posting.

I have a business providing training and support to organizations that work with children. The focus of the training is on helping staff manage and respond to incidents of problem sexual behaviour by children. Sorry if that upsets anyone-unfortunately it is something that does happen. I have 7 years experience providing counselling and assessment to children and families who have experienced this. I have done a lot of work in schools supporting them around this issue. Hence I set up my own business to offer this service privately.

So far I have made a few bookings through word of mouth which is great but I need to further kickstart things. So far my advertising strategies have been

-contacting all the contacts I have made along the way to advise them of my services
    -emailing schools and childcare centres individually to advertise my services (this is extremely time consuming and its not proving very effective as yet-but I do think from what little feedback I have received that it is more effective than a mail out)
    -contacting local council offices
    -Advising the police of my services
    -I have a website

I am not a confident advertiser so the thought of cold calling terrifies me. I am hoping that word of mouth continues to generate some business but would love to hear of other ideas.

Thanks for any input!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Helen,

Thanks for joining the forum – I apologise that your initial post was held up in our moderation queue for a while there.

It sounds like a very worthwhile service you offer, so I hope you can pick up some handy tips to help get things moving from the community here.

Welcome aboard,
    Jayne

Y LearnMarketing
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

Have you tried to use fax when marketing to schools. It’s cheaper than mail out and has a higher “opening rate” than email blasts.

Within your budget, acquire a comprehensive and personalised school or local council marketing list can be a time saver.

Brooke Curline
    • Total posts: 120
    Up
    HelenGFST, post: 196768 wrote:

I have a business providing training and support to organizations that work with children. The focus of the training is on helping staff manage and respond to incidents of problem sexual behaviour by children. Sorry if that upsets anyone-unfortunately it is something that does happen. I have 7 years experience providing counselling and assessment to children and families who have experienced this. I have done a lot of work in schools supporting them around this issue. Hence I set up my own business to offer this service privately.

So far I have made a few bookings through word of mouth which is great but I need to further kickstart things. So far my advertising strategies have been

-contacting all the contacts I have made along the way to advise them of my services
    -emailing schools and childcare centres individually to advertise my services (this is extremely time consuming and its not proving very effective as yet-but I do think from what little feedback I have received that it is more effective than a mail out)
    -I have a website

I am not a confident advertiser so the thought of cold calling terrifies me. I am hoping that word of mouth continues to generate some business but would love to hear of other ideas.

Thanks for any input!

Hi,
    I think you have a really important service and although cold calling terrifies you, I honestly believe this is the best and most effective way to turn things around for your business. I’m currently just walking in to my target customers stores as this is second nature to me and it is always successful – lots of new customers in just a month. Find someone who is willing to do this for you and has the time as an agent perhaps and offer a % commission.
    Best Wishes
    Brooke
    Sales Agent

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    HelenGFST, post: 196768 wrote:

-I have a website

Thanks for any input!

You could:

1. run a public event and advertise it using digital marketing tools
    2. contact the schools and let them know you can come in for a Q&A for free to their staff room at lunch time or ?. Do a short session to get your name on their ‘books’ and upsell a longer session.
    3. write a sales letter to the schools
    4. contact the libraries offering to do a free talk on a similar issue

What you have done so far is probably a good approach, but you possibly didn’t use the right language to get what you wanted. You need some properly written sales letters and emails.

HelenGFST
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Thanks everyone for some really good ideas. Its given me lots to think about.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.