Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Ideas for marketing to small business and freelancers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Barchie
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

A little bit of background. I started a small business with two parts – 1. A creative studio 2. Leasing open plan desk space to small start up businesses and freelancers.

I’m having a little bit of trouble marketing the open plan office space to freelancers and start up businesses – Wondering if anyone has had to market to this target before? And if so, were there any great methods that really worked for you?

Thanks in advance

David@Verve Recruitment
    • Total posts: 247
    Up

I guess not, which suggests that those that either there is no one in the know, or those in the know prefer to keep their secrets to themselves.

I’d suggest doing whatever you can think of. Afterall, the succes of your business, and presumabl your livelihood, depends on it.

Forget your pride. Post posters and adverts every and which way you can. Or cross your fingers.

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up
    Barchie, post: 121755 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

A little bit of background. I started a small business with two parts – 1. A creative studio 2. Leasing open plan desk space to small start up businesses and freelancers.

I’m having a little bit of trouble marketing the open plan office space to freelancers and start up businesses – Wondering if anyone has had to market to this target before? And if so, were there any great methods that really worked for you?

Thanks in advance

Try gumtree for the vacant office space

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

what’s your trouble? what have you tried? do you have a successful back ground in marketing? who is your target market for the free lance and startup? what kind of setup do you offer? what makes yours different from your competition?

you’re not providing sufficient information and there are far too many methods that work but it doesn’t meant that they will work for you.

Sonja Meyer
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

Hi Barchie,

I am a soloist/freelancer and I often visit http://www.creativespaces.net.au/ to see what’s out there. I have had a few viewings over the past 2 years but always decide not to take it in the end (much to my disappointment), as I can’t justify the extra rent. But come to think of it I always get the offer, which makes me wonder how many people are going for the one studio space…

In my opinion, you need to be able to offer really good prices with all services included, this will get the interest of freelancers in my position who aren’t able to fork out a lot for a creative space/office space.

Whatever marketing you end up doing, make sure it’s designed nicely because a lot of freelancers are in creative industries and will respond better to something that is a bit more interesting or aesthetically pleasing. I would design some posters, print a heap and then put them on all noticeboards in the area where your office spaces are for rent.

Hope that helps a tad.
    Sonja

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.