Home – New Forums Get productive If you could sleep 5.5 hours a day – could you get more done?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up
    ::
    Couple It, post: 118495 wrote:
    For me, if I was using anything below the Everyman 2-Nap to be able to fit in more work hours, then I’d be seriously questioning my lifestyle.

Wendy :)

I agree, if you had the motivation and drive to condition yourself to sleep for only 2 hours, surely you could channel your efforts into only having to work for 2 hours instead.

T J Madigan
    • Total posts: 255
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 118503 wrote:
    I agree, if you had the motivation and drive to condition yourself to sleep for only 2 hours, surely you could channel your efforts into only having to work for 2 hours instead.

Much more relaxing :)

SmartBizBlog
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

My goal in life is to reduce the number of hours I have to work – not increase them…

In the last 12 months I’ve effectively reduced my working hours from 40 to 15 a week – and my sleep from 5hrs to 8hrs.

These days, I feel much more alive and alert. I exercise as well; which helps with getting into the deep sleep cycle.

It’s tempting to try and increase your hours; but the reality – you waste 40% of your day on non-productive tasks anyway; so why not try and look at becoming more efficient; rather than a zombie to the office?

seolyka2
    • Total posts: 157
    Up
    WAHE, post: 118225 wrote:
    The best sleep I experience, believe it or not, is my daily 10 minute power-nap Siesta when I get home. It’s such a deep sleep, that it feels like I have been sleeping for a few hours. Afterwards, my mind and body feel completely refreshed and alert.

The worst thing you can do in the afternoon, is getting into the habit of sleeping for a few hours as it disrupts your bio-mechanical clock. Better to opt for a 10 minute Siesta and feel on “top of the world”.

I also agree with this. Getting a 10minute power-nap during afternoon is good. It really feels me better compared to taking a sleep for a few hours.

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

I love the idea of a 10 minute siesta, the problem for me is, it would take me 3hrs to get to sleep in the first place. I have tried almost all techniques under the sun, but actually switching off is near impossible for me, so to try and do it more than once a day would be time consuming.

I love Tim Ferriss – he create a book that says you only need to work 4hrs a week, and then a book so you only need to sleep 2hrs a day! What in the hell do you do with the rest of that time!!! :)

Uncomplicating
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

It is me, or is this thread a clear sign of just how nuts we all are.

A bunch of supposedly rational and intelligent people looking for the best way to over come the natural processes that millions of years of evolution have put in place just so that we can be awake a little bit longer and cram more stress filled activity in to our already hectic lives and to see if we can join the ranks of those with serious heart disease who now have to consume a dizzying array of pharmaceuticals daily just to stay alive.

All of that so you can make another few dollars?

Thanks, but not for me. I’d like to live long enough to see my daughter grow up.

SmartBizBlog
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

It’s not just you Uncomplicating – I wondered the same thing.

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

Thanks all for your comments – I guess it may be a bad habit for me to get into. I will try and make sure I get more rest – I am working so much so one day I can have a 4 hour work week :) Sacrifices are necessary!

I’ve started having less naps and sleeping more during the night. (more being 6 hours). I wish my body can tell me when the optimal time is :(

Thanks for reading

Wendy Huang

jamee88
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

A 5-8 hrs night sleep cannot be subsituted for 2 or 3 small naps throughout the day. its not only worthless as the concentration in work keeps getting interrupted, and after the nap you waste more minutes in just getting back into the same line of thought as you held before you took the nap. plus i personally get a headache after small naps, only the night time sleep makes me fresh. i suppose you could divert your mind by taking abreak, ly back and watch tv or listen to songs, or simply take a walk to freshen up and restart your work:)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.