Home – New Forums New here? Share your story I’m a new member from Melbourne

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RETSE
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

I’m the owner of a retail store, I’m also a fashion designer and I specialize in custom made bridal and formal wear. I used to work from home for almost 10 years, last year I decided to rent a studio and in January this year (2014) I rented a store. I’m the sole owner and I do all the work by myself. It’s been 6 very stressful months, I still haven’t got any sales and the bills keep coming. I have spend a lot of money advertising on wedding websites and everywhere I can think of, but to no avail. I’m to the point of desperation and I really would appreciate some advice. My website is http://www.esterpesenti.com Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Welcome

It is really not so easy to answer on this forum and the fast solution may be to go back to what you were doing.

If you would like to be in touch I would be happy to discuss further.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi RETSE,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been having a stressful time, but I hope you pick up some helpful advice here on the forum.

One suggestion is to pick an issue that you’d like to tackle first, and then post about it in the relevant section of the forum.

Sending you lots of good vibes,
    Jayne

RETSE
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 192092 wrote:
    Welcome

It is really not so easy to answer on this forum and the fast solution may be to go back to what you were doing.

If you would like to be in touch I would be happy to discuss further.

Hi MissSassy, thank you for your reply, I would like to be in touch with you, I need all the helpl I can get right now. Just let me know how we can be in touch.

ChrisBiz
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    RETSE, post: 192082 wrote:
    I’m the owner of a retail store, I’m also a fashion designer and I specialize in custom made bridal and formal wear. I used to work from home for almost 10 years, last year I decided to rent a studio and in January this year (2014) I rented a store. I’m the sole owner and I do all the work by myself. It’s been 6 very stressful months, I still haven’t got any sales and the bills keep coming. I have spend a lot of money advertising on wedding websites and everywhere I can think of, but to no avail. I’m to the point of desperation and I really would appreciate some advice. My website is http://www.esterpesenti.com Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Hello,

I am not sure if this will help, but may be worth considering:

1. A brand new full fledged e-commerce website
    2. Affiliate, Referral Programs, etc.
    3. Point 2 for Wedding planners, photographers, customers, etc.
    4. Running some campaign like Customers will get into draw to win something
    5. Analyzing competition to know what they are doing different
    6. Re-developing & Promoting Facebook Page, Google+, etc.
    7. Considering virtual over brick and mortar
    8. Considering rent out option for your products (Rent, Buy or Rent 2 Buy)
    9. Link exchange with other industry professionals (wedding planners, photographers, etc.)
    10. Increase your product range if you feel necessary to meet the market needs
    11. Be nice, compete on price, compete on size, to entice

pollypolkadot
    • Total posts: 55
    Up
    RETSE, post: 192082 wrote:

I won’t address the bigger issues as I am only starting out too, but I wanted to tell you one thought that I had.
    People want fashion (especially bridal) to be recommended to them by people they trust; if you can generate some word-of-mouth/word-of-social-media that would really help you. Other than the traditional ways of joining & sharing on interest groups etc, maybe you could give (or lend) some gowns to your ideal target market customers, just like the big designers do with celebrities? I know that the people who follow me on my modelling facebook page would be interested to know if I was wearing a couture gown and would trust what I had to say about it. I am certainly not saying to give me a gown lol, but I can connect you with some people in Melbourne if that is something you would be interested in.

Polly

RETSE
    Up
    pollypolkadot, post: 192135 wrote:
    I won’t address the bigger issues as I am only starting out too, but I wanted to tell you one thought that I had.
    People want fashion (especially bridal) to be recommended to them by people they trust; if you can generate some word-of-mouth/word-of-social-media that would really help you. Other than the traditional ways of joining & sharing on interest groups etc, maybe you could give (or lend) some gowns to your ideal target market customers, just like the big designers do with celebrities? I know that the people who follow me on my modelling facebook page would be interested to know if I was wearing a couture gown and would trust what I had to say about it. I am certainly not saying to give me a gown lol, but I can connect you with some people in Melbourne if that is something you would be interested in.

Polly

Thank you Polly for taking the time to write to me I really appreciate it. I have been researching about giving away some of my designs to celebrities actually, I know that it will take time and a lot of planning. I would really appreciate your help, I’m willing to do anything (legal of course) to make this business work. I plan, organize, control, design & make the dresses and trying to do marketing, so is really for me as I don’t have a second opinion or different suggestions on how to do things. Joining Flying Solo has been awesome, and the e-book about marketing that I received has given me a new perspective on how to do my marketing plan. Thanks to everyone,

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi,

First, your work looks amazing.

Second, if you wanted to catch up for a coffee, I know some amazing marketeers I work with that may be able to help.

Cheers,

Matt

RETSE
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 192140 wrote:
    Hi,

First, your work looks amazing.

Second, if you wanted to catch up for a coffee, I know some amazing marketeers I work with that may be able to help.

Cheers,

Matt

Thank you Matt, I’m glad you like my designs (I assume). I’ll see if I can organize a time for a coffee, it would be awesome to get some marketing help from the experts.

Regards

cokele
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

Hi

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Agree with ChrisBiz to have options to rent, buy or rent2Buy. Since the dresses are made locally, I reckon they come at a high price. Nowadays people are trying to save money on wedding dresses and people around me are buying from Ebay or renting. Maybe you can cater to 2 markets – going for couture gowns and bargain hunters.

In terms of marketing, maybe you can hold a contest to provide free rental of a grown for x days in exchange of their wedding photos etc

Do not know much about wedding gowns, just my 2 cents of thought.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.