Home – New Forums New here? Share your story I’m Adam, and I’m building an online advertising platform

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ajmmacleod
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hi Flying Solo!

I’m Adam, a 27 yo software developer from Melbourne who decided to take the plunge and build my first product. You can see my sales page here: http://www.adtemple.net/

I have already spent a lot of time building and things are going along nicely. Everything is working but the user interface needs a lot of polishing before I can launch :)

I am currently working out how to best handle currencies and will probably make a post in the Money Matters section about that shortly.

Would be interested in any feedback and also keen to meet people in similar situations!

Cheers,
    Adam

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Adam,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

Some quick feedback. On your homepage I can’t get a sense of who exactly your product will suit best. For example, is it for developers or your average website owner? Is it for affiliate marketers? High-traffic sites? An alternative for people currently using AdSense and hate it because of X? Can I use it with wordpress?

For someone to take any interest (let alone buy or download), they need to see themselves or their situation or their problem described up-front.

Hope that helps and best of luck!

Dave

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

HiAdam,

A couple of comments on your web page.

* Sorry but I can see very little between your before and after, accept for a slight change in layout it doesnt do anything for me. You are not offering any better than what i can get elsewhere
    * What are you offering me
    * Cost – You need to put it here, as a potential I want to see whats on offer
    * How does it work, sounds like it has potential, but i dont see any evidence of any great benefit. Bland statement with no fact behind it
    * Love your statement that you are providing an alternate – Now show me why because your website doesnt show me that.

* My common bug bear with lot of site, no contact name or number, I and a lot of people I know will not use a website where I cant talk to a human being.

Bert

ajmmacleod
    Up
    FS Forum Support, post: 192228 wrote:
    Hi Adam,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

Some quick feedback. On your homepage I can’t get a sense of who exactly your product will suit best. For example, is it for developers or your average website owner? Is it for affiliate marketers? High-traffic sites? An alternative for people currently using AdSense and hate it because of X? Can I use it with wordpress?

For someone to take any interest (let alone buy or download), they need to see themselves or their situation or their problem described up-front.

Hope that helps and best of luck!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for your feedback! I honestly have a mushy picture in my head about who I am targeting and can see that I have not targeted anyone particularly well as yet. I will put some thought into this and make some changes.

Thanks again, your examples were a great help.

Adam

ajmmacleod
    Up
    bb1, post: 192237 wrote:
    HiAdam,

A couple of comments on your web page.

* Sorry but I can see very little between your before and after, accept for a slight change in layout it doesnt do anything for me. You are not offering any better than what i can get elsewhere
    * What are you offering me
    * Cost – You need to put it here, as a potential I want to see whats on offer
    * How does it work, sounds like it has potential, but i dont see any evidence of any great benefit. Bland statement with no fact behind it
    * Love your statement that you are providing an alternate – Now show me why because your website doesnt show me that.

* My common bug bear with lot of site, no contact name or number, I and a lot of people I know will not use a website where I cant talk to a human being.

Bert

Hi Bert,

Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate you taking the time to help out.

I can see from your comments that I have really not made it very clear what value I am offering to the end user (I also know from Dave’s comment that *I* do not know who my end users are yet!).

At this stage I am still in pre-launch and the site is much more of a tool to gather interested users. I will definitely add a contact number and a much more solid value proposition on the lead up to launch.

Thanks Again,
    Adam

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    ajmmacleod, post: 192272 wrote:
    Hi Bert,

At this stage I am still in pre-launch and the site is much more of a tool to gather interested users. I will definitely add a contact number and a much more solid value proposition on the lead up to launch.

Thanks Again,
    Adam

Adam be careful with this approach, people see your web site today and think, ok no point going there. They wont come back in a month to see if you have any meat in your value proposition. You need to win and keep every click you get today. A click lost today is a click gone forever.

ajmmacleod
    Up
    bb1, post: 192278 wrote:
    Adam be careful with this approach, people see your web site today and think, ok no point going there. They wont come back in a month to see if you have any meat in your value proposition. You need to win and keep every click you get today. A click lost today is a click gone forever.

Hi Bert,

Thanks for your input and I certainly do agree. At this point I have built a small list of people who appear interested and I think there is enough value in this to persist and (unfortunately) turn a few away. I’m hoping (perhaps foolishly) that the market is big enough and a few deterred prospects won’t have a long lasting effect.

I appreciate your feedback :)

Thanks,
    Adam

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.