Home – New Forums New here? Share your story I’m Greg, I develop Invoice & Quotation Software

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gregorys
    • Total posts: 27
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,
    I signed up to Flying Solo sometime back but never got around to introducing myself yet so here goes.

I’m Greg and I run a small software business based in Melbourne. Since the 80’s and early 90’s, I used to work as an employee in a large organization but I got tired of the corporate politics and the amount of red tape involved just to get simple things done. As soon as my contract was up, decided to take the plunge and fly solo. I’ve been doing so for quite a number of years now.

I’m sure others can attest that its really hard work. Much more so than being employed and its not always smooth sailing but I’ve never looked back. I have to wear many hats each day. I sub contract as much as possible but a number of things I still like to do myself. I love the freedom to manage my own time, go out to lunch with my wife now and then, the ability to take the credit for my success or the blame for my failure.

I have been reading the articles published in Flying solo and found them really helpful. Glad to be in great company here and look forward to participating in these forums.

I develop invoicing, quotation and cash book software for small businesses. If anyone needs something like this, please check out my signature below.

Cheers
    Greg

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi Greg

It’s great to have you here, thanks for diving in. I look forward to seeing you involved in discussions around the place.

Have a fine weekend,

Robert

My Virtual Me
    Participant
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Welcome Greg!

I definitely agree with you, it is very hard work – but I also have never looked back. It’s the best career move I have ever made!

Looking forward to hearing more about your achievements.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Howdy Greg,

Very well put, welcome to the forum.
    Good to have you here.

Steve

The Hobbit
    Participant
    • Total posts: 309
    Up

I like your computer tips page, The Cobian back-up seems like the software I’ve been looking for ages.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.