Home – New Forums New here? Share your story I’m new and don’t know anything!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    WovenThread
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi to everyone
    My name is Sandra and have an online shopping site called Aegean Loom. I sell hand loomed towels from Turkey. They are unique and beautiful and completely woven by hand.
    I have so much to learn about SEO and all sorts of other things. In fact I had 3 articles written about Aegean Loom to try and get ranking higher than it is (I can’t even find my website) but don’t have a clue where to post them LOL
    Like I said I have a lot to learn and really hope I can pick all of your brains

cheers
    Sandy

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Sandy,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

When thinking about where to publish your articles try to think about where your ideal customers would see them. If they are somewhere that is relevant, then people will go directly from your article to your site. First though, consider posting them on your own site.

If you’d like to share your site and what the articles are about then you’ll get some more specific advice from our knowledgeable members. :)

Good luck!

Dave

WovenThread
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Thanks for that advise, Here is my website http://www.aegeanloom.com

Its a Wix website but now Im thinking I should probably do something better as I have read that the SEO isn’t that good ? Is weebly or squarespace better or should I just find somebody to transfer all the stuff on the wix website to whatever they think? Im a start up with no spare cash so need to get this right.

Here is one of the Articles my ghost writer wrote for $5.00 on Fiverr, I do have a few little tweaks here and there but like I said I really don’t know where to put it and she suggested Hubpages??

Celebrate Luxury With Our Hand Loomed Turkish Towels

In times of the Ottoman, you had to go to Bursa to get some original hand loomed Turkish towels, but today, finding it can be possible from any part of the world. Aegean Loom is an Australia based company that has some of the best and most experienced artisans who can individually design and create a Peshtamal for you. These plush Turkish bath towels are made up of 100% organic cotton, with age-old weaving techniques that keep the art form alive. Factory-made Turkish towels can in no terms match the quality, delicacy and luxury of towels our artisans create. Each Peshatamal takes several days of a skilled weaver to completely design, weave and finish it. Made with cotton of exceptional absorption level, these towels quickly dry after wash.

Hand loomed towels made from natural resources

Aegean Loom is known for creating naturally beautiful Turkish towels that are better for you as well as for the planet Earth. We are sure that you will enjoy being wrapped in a luxurious Turkish towel made by our artisans. Each and every towel we create is specifically designed to delight your senses and pamper your body. All of our products, including hand loomed towels and cushions, are of highest quality possible, and responsibly created from GOTS certified natural, organic and sustainable natural resources. We aim at earning your trust as a company dedicated to preserving the art form of hand loomed Turkish towels our future generations can feel proud of. With our products, we invite you to love and live with Aegean Loom.

Age-old tradition of hand loomed Turkish towels

We are committed to bringing you an exciting range of hand loomed products that utilize a wide array of natural fibers from the plants cultivated with GOT certified standards. We explore ways to combine natural resources with state-of-the-art technology, and replace potentially harmful chemical-based towels that most of us use today. Think sublime, old-world craftsmanship and unstinting details. The charm of classic style, saturated colors and sensuous textures dress your home or pool in the form of these luxurious towels. This is the true essence of Aegean Loom.

Aegean loom has become one of the most prestigious brands in the industry of luxury textiles. Our products are ultimate in craftsmanship and opulence. The integrity and spirit our artisans invest in each hand loomed piece make it a valued heirloom for its owners. Drawing inspiration from the Turkish tradition of hand looming towels, we celebrate extraordinary designs and traditional weaving techniques that are soon dreaded to be lost.

thanks for any suggestions – Sandy

BenAtherton
    • Total posts: 60
    Up

Hi Sandy,

with websites, as per most things, you get what you pay for. Free website platforms offer little SEO support and onsite optimisation options.

Although you probably have already, you need to think about your keywords and compate them to your competitors’ keywords. The best method of acheiving a good ranking is original, keyword-rich onsite content.

I build custom designed WordPress websites which offer all kinds of onsite SEO configuration options such as META tags and search friendly URLS.

Wordpress is search engine friendly off-the-bat and is a far better way to go than the freebies.

However you will of course need to spend a little more, but if you are serious about running an online business, your website is your most important asset!

let me know if you would like to talk further, my contact details are below.

Kind regards,

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello Sandy,

Your website appears to be slow. I’m not sure if its like that always, but if it is that will not help your SEO and also getting clients.

I would also suggest putting your phone number at the top or make it bigger, if you are happy to take calls about you products, I almost missed it when looking for it as it was very small and at the bottom.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.