Home – New Forums Starting your journey I’m on a roll!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up
    ::

Hey guys, I posted a little while ago about a big win I was having with the Tube Academy service when it launched a few months ago (I can’t even remember it’s all been a blur). Feedback has been great so far from people signing up for the service.

I’m now putting the finishing touches on an Instagram Advertising course using a similar pre-order early bird model. I.e. selling it before the course is 100% complete.

I’m putting the retail price at $29.95 for the whole course, but early-bird/preorders are priced at $22.45 (or a 25% discount).

Do you guys think that’s a fair price? I’m feeling comfortable with it but interested to see if anyone else feels that price point is unreasonable…

Accolution
    • Total posts: 61
    Up

Hi Stuart,

The price point sounds reasonable. I’d recommend testing a few price points in your marketing to see which has the best purchase rate – $19.95, $24.95, $29.95, etc.

Hope it works for you.
    Dan.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

I’m probably not in your target audience and you’d understand what would work better than me, but personally $22.45 doesn’t give me the impression that the product is very good.

LeisaM
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi Stuart,

Sounds reasonable to me! How much content is included in the course?

I just logged into the forum to ask a question relating to SEO / Marketing and have now checked out your website. Feeling pretty tempted to sign up as your service looks pretty good for that intro price :-)

Stuart B
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 224820, member: 21866 wrote:
    I’m probably not in your target audience and you’d understand what would work better than me, but personally $22.45 doesn’t give me the impression that the product is very good.

Yeah pricing is always an interesting challenge I think, especially when there are few overheads like in this instance. It becomes more a question of band positioning rather than working out what money is needed to make it viable.

Because of that I basically decided to make the price point as low as possible so that I could make it as accessible to as many people as possible. I don’t need the service to pay my bills so I don’t need to put a high price on it. I just felt more comfortable with having a lower price, enabling the maximum number of people to be able to access it, and sleeping soundly at night :)

LeisaM, post: 224829, member: 69466 wrote:
    Hi Stuart,

Sounds reasonable to me! How much content is included in the course?

I just logged into the forum to ask a question relating to SEO / Marketing and have now checked out your website. Feeling pretty tempted to sign up as your service looks pretty good for that intro price :)

Do you mean the Instagram course? Or all of the courses? There are quite a few available.

Let me refocus your question slightly. Rather than asking how MUCH content is included, it’s probably more useful to tell you what you’ll learn…

In the Instagram course (for example) you’ll learn…

• Basic setup of an account.
    • Formulating a content plan.
    • Networking and growing your audience organically.
    • Setting up your advertising account.
    • Creating your first ads.
    • Measuring and refining the results.

So in a nutshell the course will take you form absolute novice through to advanced user including how to use the ads platform.
    Not to sound too sale-sy but keep in mind there’s a money-back guarantee. So if it’s not for you you can get a full refund within 7 days. ;) ;) ;)

ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253
    Up

I guess the question you need to ask yourself is “Who is your target audience?”.

As Steve rightly pointed out some people may think its a small price to learn anything all! Or some people may even be thinking why do they need to spend that money to learn that stuff? I don’t know your product so take my comment with a pinch of salt.

Price is only relative when you define your target market.

GeoffD
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Price is only ever an issue when the customer doesn’t perceive that there is sufficient value in a product or service. In this case, I’d say that the suggested price is on the low side relative to the perceived value. Therefore, I’d think that the uptake will be strong.

Best of luck

Geoff

karlisfoundhere
    • Total posts: 35
    Up
    Stuart B, post: 224745, member: 10757 wrote:
    Hey guys, I posted a little while ago about a big win I was having with the Tube Academy service when it launched a few months ago (I can’t even remember it’s all been a blur). Feedback has been great so far from people signing up for the service.

I’m now putting the finishing touches on an Instagram Advertising course using a similar pre-order early bird model. I.e. selling it before the course is 100% complete.

I’m putting the retail price at $29.95 for the whole course, but early-bird/preorders are priced at $22.45 (or a 25% discount).

Do you guys think that’s a fair price? I’m feeling comfortable with it but interested to see if anyone else feels that price point is unreasonable…
    Hey this is awesome. I’d love to chat with you sometime and throw some ideas around about it! I think I have some network partners that would be keen to promote to their list for an affiliate or JV cut.

Stuart B
    Up

Sure thing, shoot me a PM.

Fiso
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi,

pricing. well, from my experience pricing is the most difficult task of any business.

try to set a goal of an audience in a round number. and when you have the number you are aiming at, all you need to do is fine tune your price.

there are of course a few sales tactics that you can use, but that’s a bit of a “long story” to put here.

is this your first course? if not usually people that liked in the past are an easier target. a new customer for any business cost a lot of money. so first focus on that.
    do you have testimonials? this is the number one tool to get new customers. usually, people will buy into people that they don’t know, as long as they made the same decision as the one they considering.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.