Home – New Forums Other discussions I’m thinking to help others and build charitable website, any ideas?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Spirytus
    • Total posts: 24
    Up
    ::

Ok, its only idea at this point, but as I know there are lots of smart visitors here, business owners etc. so I would love your opinions.

I am fairly experienced web designer/developer who would love to help where help is needed and so I came up with an idea of a website supporting various charities. Although I can build website, host it and maintain it, so put (however limited) time and money in it, I lack knowledge of e.g. how legally this would work if website were e.g. to collect money (via PayPal)?

I was thinking that website each month would support different charity and businesses and individuals would be able to donate to this particular charity. They would be promoted on our site, with information about them, links, social media etc.

Like I said I’m happy to put work and time in it but I would like it to be active and more then just another website that no one visits. Adding blog would be one option to keep the site alive, maybe some sort of advertising, facebook, google and such.

I would really like this site to make a difference and help those in needs so it would probably require constant work. I’m looking for opinions, ideas, suggestions and if anyone would be happy to join me in this venture. Its only an idea at this point so if anyone is interested and willing to help please let me know and maybe we will be able to make this thing happen.

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    ::

If you were going to accept donations yourself you would need to register as a charity, which is not a simple process. Plus there are countless issues with PayPal and charities/donations, just google.

You best bet would be to partner with different charities, direct fundraising either through their sites/bank accounts, or utilise one of the charity fundraising sites that exist for specific activities: https://www.google.com/search?source=ig&rlz=1G1LENN_EN-GBAU487&q=australia+fund+raising+online&oq=australia+fund+raising+online&gs_l=igoogle.3…239.8358.0.8961.30.22.1.7.3.0.247.2892.5j14j3.22.0…0.0…1ac.1.72fQkuhL_Os

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.