Home – New Forums Other discussions Impending spike in Sick Days!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Hi All

Ok, so for those that employ staff and the likes… who has countermeasures in place to offset the impending sick days that will be taken over the coming weeks with the London Olympics Games????

Are you trying to roster times to suit employees?
    Give them the days off they want?
    or are totally unaffected?

I know i am likely to call my partner and say i am *cough*cough sick a few days as i tend to live vicariously through some of our most noted sports peoples… Mind you it is the only time i ever give two hoots about sports, but i do love watching the camaraderie of all the countries and passionate supporters..

Cheers and good luck..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

Thank goodness I don’t employ people and I’m not interested in the games.

When I worked for Social Security many moons ago, management installed a TV in the rec area just behind my desk so people could get a few minutes of it.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Since Foxtel have provided us with eight separate channels of coverage, running 24 hours a day, I think I’ll be up-to-date enough with a little viewing each night ;)

Wendy :)

Geronimo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 237
    Up

Are you able to install a TV at work for the couple of weeks? Staff are still more productive than if the were “sick”, and you’d create a lot of good will too.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Since Foxtel have provided us with eight separate channels of coverage, running 24 hours a day, I think I’ll be up-to-date enough with a little viewing each night

Aurghh… since Foxtel has provided this, I honestly think I have seen enough of, about, relating to and any which way else associated to the games…. But, that’s just my 2c ;)

Personally, I think time off from work to watch the games is a bit silly – but if people are that way inclined, then I think the idea of bringing a tv into the work place might be the way to deal with it so you at least have some work achieved throughout the days rather than none at all…

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Yup,

I am personally with each one of you re the sick = silly although from my old day sin retail (over 150 staff) we found a large p% of individuals were ‘ill’ during the games..

We are installing a flat screen to offset the drama and we encourage staff to ask for time off if need be for whatever reason although was more interested in how others are planning on handling this..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.