Home – New Forums Logistics Import advice for a startup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Beefer77
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I would really appreciate anyone’s advice or experiences. I have a contact in the US who is currently producing and distributing a whey protein based recovery product and we have been discussing the possibility of bringing it to Australia.

I am hoping to use this product as the main item for an online retail store with a bunch of locally produced supporting items for sale as well.

I am pretty confused about the requirements in terms of import restrictions, fees, etc and being able to determine if it will be financially viable to move forward with this. I am concerned that the import fees associated with consignments might be too high, if this is something that has to be paid on each shipment? Or is it possible to get distribution rights or something like that?

Wondering if anyone has any advise related to this? The product is currently only available in the US and does not ship internationally so the brand is new to the Australian market.

Appreciate anyone’s thoughts! Cheers

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

Hopefully you’ll get someone drop by with the right experience, but in the meantime welcome to the forums. :)

Dave

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

My recommendations is to contact an importing company as they should be able to help you. Don’t forget that if you are importing something from overseas, you take on all the responsibilities of the manufacture and would be liable for all warranties and possible health problems associated in using this product. Something to consider.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.