Home – New Forums Logistics Import/Export – Research

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    NickVasas
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi guys

A novice question.

If you found a company in another country (in this case the US) doing what you want to do here(importing the products and selling them retail), would you approach that company to see how successful they are, or would you go directly to the supplier for that type of information?

Thanks in Advance
    Nick

sabra
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi

I would be careful in going to the company in the US to ask how they’re going. First, you don’t know whether they might have business contacts in Australia who they might approach to also do export/retail sales in Australia after you trigger this thought with them. In addition, many businesses would be hesitant to tell you if they’re doing well or not, from an ego or privacy point of view.

I think you might want to first approach the supplier. You can find out a lot from them, such as their view on expected volumes, based on volumes they’re selling to the other company in the US and other countries.

Final tip – you might want to ask the supplier to sign a simple confidentiality agreement, so they don’t start talking to other businesses in your industry about your idea of export/retail sales in Australia.

Thanks

Sabra
    MatchB2B – the global bidding website for service providers
    http://www.matchb2b.net

NickVasas
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi Sabra

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers
    Nick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.