Home Forums Logistics Import Furniture from Viet Nam

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hung99
    • Total posts: 2

For a long time, most countries in the world have imported all products from China. However, after the COVID 19 pandemic, will we change our minds and habits to import products from countries other than China? This makes most of us consider, because the products from China are beautiful, cheap, the variety we need, the quality I’m not talking about.
    That is a question for all of us around the world.

In this section, I would like to find retailers, importers to be able to cooperate and exchange information on the import of interior and exterior products from Vietnam.

I currently live and work in Melbourne and after a few years exploring the interior and exterior markets. I’ve noticed a lot of products are imported from China. So I thought, could I bring one of the products that my brother is producing in Vietnam to introduce to customers? I really want to find people who can help me find customers who want to import our interior and exterior products. So I was not afraid to write it up here, hoping to get the help of one of you, even if it was just a little advice or teaching.

My brother has have a few customers from US, but we want Australia as well, because I am living here and Australia is the one of the big Country in the world and I know a lot of the consumer market and maybe we will have a chance to bring the product that we have made.

Our products are specialized in interior and exterior furniture for homes and restaurants and hotels, include:
    Living and entertainment room
    Bedroom
    Dining
    Display cabinets and storage
    Home office
    Outdoor furniture

Every information about this, please give me an advise or any feedbacks.

Thanks

Dash Freight
    Participant
    • Total posts: 89

I like your thinking! From my experience there are no real freight problems with importing from Vietnam. The items you have listed present no issues. If someone comes up with an idea to import authentic Vietnamese bamboo or some other natural, unprocessed timber, be aware there will be a lot more required to allow entry into Australia. It will need fumigation, and inspections, all of which cost you money. But the furniture you listed is fine.

Dash Freight
    Participant
    • Total posts: 89

Hung99 you should also get duty free entry under the appropriate FTA

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,120

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=119096]@Hung99[/USER] .

It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Cheers

Hung99
    • Total posts: 2

Thanks for your comments, I think what I need is to find resellers, importers. Or I need a partner to open a company and import products from Vietnam to Australia together. Those are the two options I’ve been looking for and hope to get some access through this forum.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.