Home – New Forums Logistics Import of Leather goods

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mazoom
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi Everybody,

I am planning to Import Leather goods from India.
    Wanted to know If there is any need for import License or any quarantine issue which needs to be looked at before importing.
    And initial import would be in small quantity, in terms of value around $2000 to 3000. So was concerned that being a low value Import what would be Import clearing charges(would this charges be feasible in terms of value of import). And how can I find a clearing agent who would happily handle this low value import.
    Would appreciate if anybody can help me with this issue.
    Thank you very much in anticipation.
    Cheers,
    Mazoom

Damo.s
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

I’m currently looking into importing about the same amount of goods from mexico (Handwoven quilts for my wife’s home business) so it will be interesting to see what people say about the clearing agent handling low volume imports. If I find anyone that deals with that sort of stuff happily I’ll be sure to send you a PM.

Sydney Business
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4368.asp#1

This is the best place to start as it offers up all the links for further information.

Mazoom
    Up
    Damo.s, post: 170260 wrote:
    I’m currently looking into importing about the same amount of goods from mexico (Handwoven quilts for my wife’s home business) so it will be interesting to see what people say about the clearing agent handling low volume imports. If I find anyone that deals with that sort of stuff happily I’ll be sure to send you a PM.

Thank you Damo.s, I have met Goran on FS, he has good experience in custom clearance and quarantine, he has agreed to help me out for small fee. i.e I will have to do all the custom clearing procedure myself but he will guide me through.This is his email id globalsupplylogistics@gmail.com.
    In the meantime if you find some one let me know.
    thank you,
    Mazoom

Mazoom
    Up
    sydneybusiness, post: 170271 wrote:
    http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4368.asp#1

This is the best place to start as it offers up all the links for further information.

Thank you for the above link.

Import_consulting
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi Mazoom,

Once you get that information from your supplier I can give you exaclty what you need.

Import permit is not required but quarantine will be all over it.

As per my advise I will help you clear it yourself and you have nothing to worry as
    I did this many times before. :)

If you go through an agent his fee will be 6 times more and you will not know if you are being taken for a ride or not.

Thank you.

Import Consulting
    http://www.global.vpweb.com.au
    globalsupplylogistics@gmail.com

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up
    Import_consulting, post: 170356 wrote:
    Hi Mazoom,

If you go through an agent his fee will be 6 times more and you will not know if you are being taken for a ride or not.

Thank you.

Import Consulting

Depends on who you use :)

Cheers

Cat

Import_consulting
    Up

That’s true Cat.

Are you licensed by customs and quarantine or you pay a 3rd party to do this for you?

Thanks.

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    Mazoom, post: 169919 wrote:
    Hi Everybody,

Wanted to know If there is any need for import License or any quarantine issue which needs to be looked at before importing.
    And initial import would be in small quantity, in terms of value around $2000 to 3000. So was concerned that being a low value Import what would be Import clearing charges(would this charges be feasible in terms of value of import). And how can I find a clearing agent who would happily handle this low value import.
    Cheers,
    Mazoom
    Hi Mazoom

I imported handbags and clothes for 10 years in my other company.

Leather is fine, but check with AQIS first. I always suggest if there is any concern to pay at the departure port for fumigation and get the certificate for about $25. It’s worth it, you’ll avoid costly AQIS fees.

I used a freighter at departure arranged through my suppliers, and this was the most cost effective shipping I ever found.

I also used a forwarder into Australia, and paid about $90 in fees, again for me worth it considering the savings in fiddling around. I did clear my own shipments when I first started, but I had to drive to the airport, stand around, get the paperwork right, have a big enough car to get the goods etc. and time is money.

Hope this helps.

Jenny

Import_consulting
    Up

There is a big difference between importing leather bags/manufactured article and raw skin hides.

What I understand is that he is trying to import hides.

Also before you ship anything that requires fumigation, good advise would always be to make sure that they use an approved overseas fumigator and know what type of treatment is required and what dosage.

There is more to it then just leaving it to supplier to ship it, once it’s out of their
    hands and they got the money it’s your problem.

Import Consulting
    http://www.global.vpweb.com.au
    globalsupplylogistics@gmail.com

falak07
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

hi…

Mazoom, post: 169919, member: 49288 wrote:
    Hi Everybody,

Cheers,
    Mazoom
    if you are looking for a dealer in india to buy pure leather goods from india..plz contact us on this email address:- falakansari19@gmail.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.