Home – New Forums Tech talk Importance of Video at website stat up?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up
    ::

Hello Friends,

My Question is how important is it to put Video at website start up?

Does it make any Extra impact on Futures clients?

Thanks in Advnace…

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Good quality, exciting, engaging, thought provoking video – definitely! Any other kind just makes you look amateurish I reckon and should be avoided.

marnieb
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

Personally, I’d rephrase to the importance of NOT having one! No offense intended to anyone that does use one, but I instantly look for a way to stop it, if not close the website instantly.

vilson, post: 118887 wrote:
    Hello Friends,

Today i Found Below website through My search, website looks also Good.

https://www.onlinecompany.com.au/

But My Question is how important is it to put Video at website start up?

Does it make any Extra impact on Futures clients?

Thanks in Advnace…

Blue Jet
    • Total posts: 189
    Up
    marnieb, post: 119127 wrote:
    Personally, I’d rephrase to the importance of NOT having one! No offense intended to anyone that does use one, but I instantly look for a way to stop it, if not close the website instantly.

I do the same, I instantly look for a STOP button or close the window.

I would prefer if the video appears with no sound and then if I would like to hear what the video is about then I will look for the SOUND button and hear it.

daydreamer
    • Total posts: 100
    Up

That site really should have got an Aussie or a guy with a decent Australian accent! That guy makes the site seem a bit dodgy to me.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Certainly don’t have autoplaying video, but a nice image with a play button I think works really well.

Uncomplicating
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Horrid. Should be avoided like the plague IMO

Only thing worse is a website that plays pappy background music.

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

I think maybe there’s 2 things here that should be clarified…

1 – Having video on your website is extremely valuable for your customers, and thus for your business as it increases traffic, clicks, sales, and just about everything else you want for your website, as long as it’s good quality, informative, well produced etc.

2 – Having video or any other kind of audio/video media which auto-plays on startup should NEVER EVER be used because it’s annoying, and if you’re at work will alert other people to the fact that you’re not working.
    As demonstrated by other people just in this thread, most will immediately look for the stop button. Imagine having your mobile phone auto answer all your calls without even ringing, that wouldn’t be too good.

As a side note, personally I think that this trend of having a miniature person standing on your web page as though they’re trapped in a little cyber room is horrible. It’s a huge gimmick created by those who figured out how to use a green screen and the chroma key filter in their video program… Personally I’ve never seen it done in a way that made me think “that was a sweet video”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.