Home – New Forums Logistics Importing Cookwares from India

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SourcefromIndia
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

hello everyone,
    I am looking to Import cookwares from India. I have my friend who is the manufacture of a good quality cookware in India. Is importing cookware in Australia a good idea? Is there and challenges I may face in this? How do I find the buyers? who do I target? Is starting it online would be better? Please any help would be highly appreciated?

Regards

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

I think you need to know the local market to figure out what’s needed/missing. Start by looking at all of the places where cookware is sold (specialty stores, supermarkets, department stores, online) and see if there’s an opportunity.

Also figure out what advantages your cookware carries (price, quality, aesthetics, etc), then pair your strength with an observed opportunity in the market.

Then you can go to the right retailer, with the right product targeting the right opportunity, and have a chance at making a sale.

Good luck, and welcome to Flying Solo!

Dave

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Its interesting the recent wholesale gift fair in Melbourne had a number of people selling cookware, because it is not always just the bigger guys (!) who sell it, so you may also want to target your research to the smaller sector as well.

superman
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

One of my friend from Glasco, UK is doing same business there. He is running store for Indian communities and also has an online payment terminal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.