Home – New Forums Logistics Importing from China. Help with finding trade consultants.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Rajiv
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi there! Im new to this wonderful forum! very helpful!

Im looking into importing from china and im after trade consultants.

Can anyone give me a list of trade consultants that could help me with importing goods from china.

Thank you

Rajiv

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Rajiv,

Welcome to the forum,
    Have you tried alibaba?

Steve

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Steve,

I have search fro Ali Baba, although he appears to be registered under a different name.. is his first name Baba and last Ali, or first Ali and last Baba?

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Rajiv
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 155458 wrote:
    Hi Rajiv,

Welcome to the forum,
    Have you tried alibaba?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, i have visited Alibaba and found many suppliers that Im interested in. But i would like some assistance with someone who deals with the supplier/freight/customs/duty etc. Im new to this and would like someone to shed some light on this matter.

Will I be able to find consultants similar to silkroadtrade.com.au

Thank you

Rajiv

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    Rajiv, post: 155472 wrote:
    Hi Steve,

Yes, i have visited Alibaba and found many suppliers that Im interested in. But i would like some assistance with someone who deals with the supplier/freight/customs/duty etc. Im new to this and would like someone to shed some light on this matter.

Will I be able to find consultants similar to silkroadtrade.com.au

Thank you

Rajiv

It looks like they do what your looking for so why not try them?

Steve

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Hi Rajiv

Have you considered speaking to a local freight forwarder who understands importing as well? they may know some freight information to assist in the logistics.. try Cat and Global Logistics (she bounces through the forum a bit and is great to work with)…

Another option is going over to China and visiting the suppliers…

What exactly is it you want from this? understand you state your new, but do you want someone to find a supplier for you? ensure they are real? check quality? co-ordinate the buy/the freight and everything else? or do you just want a ‘mentor’ to point you in the right direction?

Its such a vast area to learn and to understand where to start, even after years of doing it myself i still find it a struggle to ensure everything is running smoothly.. not trying to deter you in any way, just need to know what the ‘gap’ is that you are trying to understand..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Rajiv,

You’ll find a number of suitable consultants in this section of the Flying Solo directory.

Good luck,
    Jayne

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

Have a look here.

http://www.asiasupplierreview.com/forum/

Some general details I have written about buying stuff from China.

Won’t answer all your questions but maybe point you in the right direction.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Hey Johny,

How you been?? you must love this time of the year, fairs all around you :)

Take care
    Jason

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

Hi Jason,

Good to see you about.

Don’t want to derail this guys thread. But since you mentioned about fairs maybe this is also something relevant to this duscussion.

Yeah you are right, a large number of fairs coming up over the next month or so.

For anyone looking at starting to buy from China, if possible, visiting some of the fairs is a good way of at least getting a good idea of the types of things that may be available to them. I personally would not make arrangements to buy stuff during fairs, but they can be a good way to see a lot of stuff all in the same place.

When I first started over here many years ago, it was great going to the fairs to see all the stuff. Problem was all the stuff I thought looked cool and new, was really only cool or new to me. So I would come home with 1000 catalogues which are probably still sititng in a corner somewhere, having never been opened again.

Now, I am actually a lot more selective and visit very few fairs compared to before, simply because it is rare to see anything so new or exciting. Mostly go to see suppliers I already know or if I am looking for something specific. (But it is a time where I get customers who visit, so creates the opportunity for a few beers here and there. Not that an excuse is needed.)

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Hi Johny

Awesome reply.. wasnt derailing, just a subtle poke in the direction that you may have (and have) assisted with…

So many people want to explore China, and yet have no idea where to start.. as you know… and a fair is a good way to get your feet wet without having to sit at the table, so to say… you can see, explore, talk about MOQ’s and buying requirements and then go away to digest everything and then ‘wash and rinse’ the next day to see if still interested.. Also a great way to go get to know some factories/suppliers..

Fairs are awesome.. beer, who, where, when?? i’m there,,, plane booked… taxi! to the Sheraton please… oops, derailed my own thread.. moving on..

It is such a giant world out there,,, so much to learn, so much to absorb and yet the biggest hurdle is just jumping on a plane (with some direction) and getting to talk to the people.. reading up on some books and so forth..

Happy Beering Johny,,,

Jason

SourceSmart
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

hello Rajiv,

been importing 7 years, im happy to help you in anyway i can as im sure the others importers also.

What info or what were you needing to import ?

have you found the products ? or have ideas?

Warren.

Rajiv
    Up

Thank You everyone for your replies. Im glad to see everyone is supportive, helpful and professional in regards to helping one another.

I am currently researching and reading through some of the links that was posted. I will surely ask more questions.

Thank you

Rajiv

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Happy hunting Rajiv,

The more refined the questions (or specific), the better the replies will be for you.. So many variables in what you are wanting to achieve.. when you lock it down and ask, im sure we will all contribute more specifically..

Cheers
    Jason

Rajiv
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 155637 wrote:
    Happy hunting Rajiv,

The more refined the questions (or specific), the better the replies will be for you.. So many variables in what you are wanting to achieve.. when you lock it down and ask, im sure we will all contribute more specifically..

Cheers
    Jason

Thank you for your response.

As this is my first time importing and my first start up business I do have a lot questions.

I am looking to import footwear. Using Alibaba.com, I have looked into few suppliers in china. I am currently stuck on what my next step is.

1. How to bring the products here?
    2. Who do i contact for shipping/freight?
    3. How do i deal with import duty/customs etc?
    4. Do i require an import license?
    5. Are there anyone who deals with the whole process start to finish?
    6. Total cost?
    7. How to make sure the suppliers are legitimate?

Basically, what is my next step after finding the product/supplier that I like?

Thank you.

Rajiv

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.