Home – New Forums Logistics Importing from the Philippines

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard Morris
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi there everyone
    I’m hoping someone can help – we’re about to launch a new business and part of it involves shipping items from the Philippines to Australia.
    The quotes I’m getting are very high ($50AUD+ for a very small and light package).
    I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction on how to ship from the Philippines to Australia at a lower cost.
    Thanks
    Richard

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Richard Morris, post: 268496, member: 117022 wrote:
    Hi there everyone
    I’m hoping someone can help – we’re about to launch a new business and part of it involves shipping items from the Philippines to Australia.
    The quotes I’m getting are very high ($50AUD+ for a very small and light package).
    I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction on how to ship from the Philippines to Australia at a lower cost.
    Thanks
    Richard

Howdy Richard

Welcome and congrats…

If you provide some additional information it may help those in the ‘know’ as to whether its a reasonable expectation at that price point..

Example:
    Size
    Weight
    Hows it being sent – air courier (DHL or similar) or standard post
    Are you buying from a business organising their own freight
    Is this a sample order only or actual order
    etc etc

All the above have large impacts to the prices quoted..

Cheers

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Richard Morris
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Jason

Thanks so much for the response and for your kind congratulations.

Of course, I’ve included the detail you mention below (my responses in bold):

Size – roughly 16x10x8 inches (possibly marginally bigger with an outer box but only by an inch or two here and there)
    Weight – c. 500 grams
    Hows it being sent – air courier (DHL or similar) or standard post – happy to send however is most cost effective so I assume standard post, although we will need to track it in case it gets lost / damaged
    Are you buying from a business organising their own freight – I am buying from a business but for a few reasons they have asked for me to organise my own shipping (I’ll then give them access to the account to arrange collections etc)
    Is this a sample order only or actual order – we will run a few test orders as samples but then there will be regular orders (hopefully multiple per day, but let’s get launched first :) )

The pickup will be from a business address and the drop off will be residential addresses in Australia.

Do let me know if any other information would be helpful.

Thanks

Richard

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=117022]@Richard Morris[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Our Logistics Section has a lot of useful information and our Search Forums function work well too.

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.