Home – New Forums Logistics Importing from US and UK

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DanniB
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hello!!

Another question from me :)

The goods I will be importing will primarily be from the UK and the US – would I be better using a freight forwarding company from that end, or from here in Australia.

Thank you
    Danni

BTi Logistics
    Up
    DanniB, post: 211630 wrote:
    Hello!!

The goods I will be importing will primarily be from the UK and the US – would I be better using a freight forwarding company from that end, or from here in Australia.

Thank you
    Danni

Hi Danni,

Welcome to the forum! I’m quite new here myself.

I would recommend speaking with a freight forwarder in Australia. They will have a relationship with other forwarders around the world and will work together with them to ensure the best service for you. The forwarder here can quote you on the whole package including shipping, customs clearance and any warehousing / distribution that you may require. That way you will only be charged once and in AUD, rather than messing around with multiple countries and currencies.

I hope that helps and feel free to contact me if you’d like further information or assistance :)

Cheers,

Mike

DanniB
    Up

Thank you for your reply Mike.
    I funnily already have you on my list of “to speak to!!”
    Speak soon

EmilyYVT
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    Hello!!

Thank you
    Danni

Good morning Danni

Welcome to the forum, it is a great place for information & support.

I agree with Mike and advise to contact forwarders here. This gives you complete control over your your working partnerships and your costs.

By establishing a relationship with your freight fowarder they will support you with your logistics and ensure you getting the best transport option to meet your service requirements within your budget.

I have over 10 years experience in working with International freight forwarders and I am no longer in the industry so if you are looking for some independant advise or to help decifer any quotes you receive please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Have a great weekend

Emily Pearson
    Your Virtual Team

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Hello!!

Thank you
    Danni

Hi Danni

Awesome, sounds like you are getting to the grizzly end and ready to start your enterprise :) sweet!

Mike is on the ball on this one, there are many reasons to use a local freight forwarder of which Mike covered although the other large advantage is that if you use someone local with contact points over the globe (as they do) you will also find that they have access to prices you may not if coordinating through your own overseas peeps.. Its also easier to track items and fix ‘problems’ should they arise if its done through one contact, trust me on this one… It sort of prevents one side blaming the other for issues and taking you off the merry-go-round ride that can occur sometimes with your local contact being that go to guy/gal.

Wishing you all the best and look forward to hearing how you have gone.

Cheers
    Jason

ps.. also, dont forget that another great money saving way is to maximise your exposure on foreign currency.. Some buyers forget this and get caught out on there first couple of purchases…

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Petemac
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

Hi DanniB, if moving by sea, I would definitely take the advice given already regards having a freight fowarder in Australia take care of it, as there are more moving parts involved and it is also good to have it all on the one bill and in the one currency.

As air is my area of experrtise, air cargo pricing can depend on the size of your supplier as they may have access to very good pricing but again, as noted by others already, make sure you take into consideration the currency exchange on this.

The biggest advantage of having someone on your home turf handle the freight, is that they will ensure all is done to help things go smoothy and you can contact them in normal hours if you have questions. So sometimes even a few dolars extra can be worth it just for this alone.

All the best with the venture.

Pete

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.