Home – New Forums Logistics Importing full containers from China

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I’m looking to bring a full forty foot container of materials from tianjin port in CHina.
    DOes any one have any contacts shipping wise they would be willing to share and any idea of costs of the actual shipping and port handling fees. am across the Duty and GST but its all the other bits I’ve not had to deal with before.

Any tips contacts or direction would be much appreciated.

Cheer

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Newstart,
    This is not my area of expertise, but I know there are a lots of importers on the forums so they will likely jump in.
    It would be great to learn a bit more about you. If you’re willing, why not add a post to the introductions section.
    Cheers
    Peter

Kentfoulis
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Newstart, post: 206542 wrote:
    Hi,

I’m looking to bring a full forty foot container of materials from tianjin port in CHina.
    DOes any one have any contacts shipping wise they would be willing to share and any idea of costs of the actual shipping and port handling fees. am across the Duty and GST but its all the other bits I’ve not had to deal with before.

Any tips contacts or direction would be much appreciated.

Cheer

Hi Newstart,

Importing containers from China can be a bit tricky, but with the right info can be done very smoothly.

There are 2 options when bringing in containers, using a forwarder or letting the supplier send directly to you.

Most importers choose to use a freight forwarder rather than send direct as your forwarder will be able to shop around for better rates and take the hassle out of any costs and fees associated with picking up the container in China, and also arranging customs clearance and delivery here in Australia.

You will also have to make sure that you understand what terms you are buying under. Free on Board (FOB) terms mean that the seller will take care of all costs for getting the container onto the vessel before you take over. They will pay for the customs clearance, cartage, etc.
    Ex Works (EXW) terms mean that you are liable for all of these costs associated with getting the container from the seller’s premises to yourself in Australia.

Hopefully I have given you a little insight into moving containers and if you need any further advice you can get me on [email protected]

Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.