Home – New Forums Logistics Importing glass jars from China

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anca
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I am new here, have a small cosmetics business and am investigating the feasibility of buying jars on Alibaba.

Only looking at a small shipment of approx 375 kg and 0.6m3 for now, but getting confused researching shipping options, import requirements, fees etc :( Is there anyone who could shed some more light into this?

Thank you!

cargohound
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

Hi Anca

We can definitely assist you with this. We now have over 1000 importers and exporters using our freight marketplace, CargoHound, to sniff out the best freight rates AND we also offer free advice with 120 years experience in-house. Check out http://www.cargohound.com or call 1300 883 243 to talk to one of our freight experts.

Cheers

Ian

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

This should go without saying but don’t skimp on the packaging to reduce the chance of breakage.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    Anca, post: 241918, member: 12626 wrote:
    Hi all,

I am new here, have a small cosmetics business and am investigating the feasibility of buying jars on Alibaba.

Only looking at a small shipment of approx 375 kg and 0.6m3 for now, but getting confused researching shipping options, import requirements, fees etc :( Is there anyone who could shed some more light into this?

Thank you!
    Hi Anca. Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

Thanks for joining and posting here.

Cheers

zayd687
    • Total posts: 77
    Up
    Anca, post: 241918, member: 12626 wrote:
    Hi all,

Thank you!
    Hey Anca,
    Well I can definitely help shed some light on your options and guide you through it if you want, Its just this whole page would be full if i started writing!.

You can send me a P.M or email and we can work through your questions, what options you have, we’ll calculate all the rough costs, air or sea methods, buying terms , customs clearance , there’s no quarantine requirements on your stuff, so that’s good e.t.c. I can even organize for you out of there to your door if you so wish. I just started my freight forwarding business so i know you got to keep the costs down.

Feel Free to ask as many questions as you want its not going to cost you anything but it could save you a penny or two to get a couple of lessons in shipping :)

Take care!

Iris2004spring
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

375kgs is comparably expensive anyway whether by air or by sea. In China if your supplier quoted on FOB and will handle the exporting/customs, you can save some money from this. Or you need to pay for customs and documents both by sea and by air( not international Courier). Then you have to pay for freight and series of charges and fees, customs brokers and customs charges at destination, duty/tax, delivery from port/airport to your warehouse. All these will add up to a considerable figure. For many services there will be a minimum charge. But if you make delivery by internatinal Courier such as Fedex, DHL,UPS, you need to pay only the freight and duty/tax. Courier companies will help with cleaning customs and the service is door to door.
    You just need to get quotations for delivery 1. By sea(lcl), 2. By air( airfreight+customs cost) and 3.By International courier. Compare the quotations and choose the prices that pleases you. From my experience 370kgs might be good to be delivered by International Courier. Because with some good discount you can get similiar prices as LCL or Air freight, and you can spare alot of troubles. If by sea/airfreight, you have to pay for the China transportation,Chinese customs(if supplier wouldn’t pay for it), freight, shipping company fees, destination brokers, customs and fees, transportation to your warehouse… and there are all kind of documents needed. If by FEDEX or DHL, you only need to pay a freight and taxes(duty/tariff). If the goods are only 100kgs or 200kgs, it is definitely smarter to make delivery by International couriers. However for 370kgs, you need to compare prices first. All depend on if you can get a good price from couriers.
    Those jars must be really heavy so you can ask suppliers to pack them well as long as the volume is less than 1.6cbm(if by air).

I am in international trading business in China. We deliver a lot of goods out of China for our customers. Whenever I see a green hand with shipping problems in the forums my hands sweat Lol. We handle our customers’ deliveries to America and Europe. Our international shipping business now mainly focus on Quality control for our customers and making deliveries to amazon FBA centers. We have great discount from Internatinal Courier companies as we deliver a couple of tons every week. If you need a quotation you can send message and give more information. I will send some prices.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.