Home – New Forums Logistics Importing help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lildukesndivas
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone

Ive been doing a lot of research on importing for my small business online and just need some advice or knowledge and need to clarify that I am understanding correctly.

I have found items with DHgate and want to import roughly 600 clothing pieces which is on special and coming in at around $50.00 AUD as they are a new supplier. If I do this customs say that with the CHina Air service that I may not have to pay any fees, duty or charges. Only if I get things shipped here.

I dont have a huge amount of money to be wasting and just want to know if anyone is in the same boat? or done the same thing as what Im doing.

From what I understand you make sure you havent paid more than $1000.00 AUD overseas in goods so you dont pay charges. However, what if the retail value in AU is way more than that? Also if you use a courier such as TNT and the supplier in china says its free or a small fee, what happens when it gets to Australia? Is it free to your door or do you pay another charge. Im trying to use post or courier as much as possible.

If there are all these hidden fees and charges I might have to reconsider everything.

TIA
    Vicky

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

I won’t comment on the importing part, but I am intrigued about the products.

Am I correct that you are looking to buy 600 pieces of clothing for the equivalent of AUD 50.00? That’s less than RMB300.00.

Sorry, but that doesn’t sound quite right to me.

Lildukesndivas
    Up

Yes, thats right. I havent invested a lot of money into it so I will see how I go. Dhgate do not release the money to the supplier until I have received the goods and am happy with them. So if I dont receive the goods I get a refund.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

This post is quite intriguing for clothing, be them a new supplier or not it is very cheap for 600 pieces of anything…

Importing, um my first piece of advice would be not to focus on keeping things under a $1000 as when you grow you may have budget or set your prices inaccurately due to not costing this in..

Also, and some import guys/gals may want to correct me, although i think that the OVERALL price inc shipping is used to calculate the $1,000? depending on size of the items, as you dont really go into that, 600 pieces of traditional clothing would be a large parcel i would think? and TNT may cost a bit, or any airmail really…

Think more details may be required…

But hope that helps in some way

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Lildukesndivas
    Up

Thanks Jason that helps as well

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.