Home – New Forums Logistics Importing Live Plants From Thailand

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TanyaG
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi All
    I posted this in another forum thread but this one would have been more appropriate. I am hoping to import some live plants from Thailand for my garden. Is there anyone on Flying Solo who is a broker or import/export agent who can arrange this?
    If not, any referrals?
    Cheers
    Tanya

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Unless you are really cashed up I doubt you will find anyone who will consider this for you. Live plants have to go through a VERY expensive quarantine procedure for months, as well as chemical disinfection. You don’t get your money back if the plants die in quarantine.
    It costs thousands for each plant so importing live plants is only considered for valuable plants for breeding.

TanyaG
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    Rowan @ GardenLarder, post: 186416 wrote:
    Unless you are really cashed up I doubt you will find anyone who will consider this for you. Live plants have to go through a VERY expensive quarantine procedure for months, as well as chemical disinfection. You don’t get your money back if the plants die in quarantine.
    It costs thousands for each plant so importing live plants is only considered for valuable plants for breeding.

Hi Rowan,
    Thanks for that. I wish I was cashed up!! From what I’ve read from AQIS and the Australian Nursery and Garden Industry, live plants only require disinfection on our end if they haven’t been properly cleaned overseas and they are quarantined if they are considered high risk plants. What I’m after isn’t high risk. Possible that what is outlined and what happens in the real world are two different things!
    An agent or broker may confirm what you have said but I live in (albeit small) hope!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.