Home – New Forums Selling online Imprint Mail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jimmyg
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

My first post!

Firstly some background: I run a small online business selling items which ship primarily in “large letter” sized envelopes/boxes. I’m sending about 50-150 items each week depending on how busy it is and I ship everything as registered post.

I’m getting quickly tired of affixing stamps, regpost labels & then address labels to my items. On the surface it seems that eParcel or Click and Send would be appropriate, however these only apply to parcel sized items.

Has anyone here used imprint mail? can you send items registered post via imprint mail? and what sort of volume does Australia Post require before they’ll give you a business account?

Ideally I’d just print one label with the postage paid imprint, some sort of regpost thing and then lodge it all over the counter…

Any help would be incredible!

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Jimmy,

Hopefully some of our postage experts will be able to lend their experience, but in the meantime, a big welcome to Flying Solo!

Hope to see you around. Good luck. :)

Dave

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Jimmy,

Good questions, but cant you just call aus post and ask them directly?

Steve

jimmyg
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

As suggested I’ve called and asked. They’ve responded that yes, everything I want is absolutely possible.

Now I play the waiting game with the business account application.

Every package I ship feels even more tedious knowing that better automation is right around the corner… :P

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    jimmyg, post: 191804 wrote:
    My first post!

Firstly some background: I run a small online business selling items which ship primarily in “large letter” sized envelopes/boxes. I’m sending about 50-150 items each week depending on how busy it is and I ship everything as registered post.

I’m getting quickly tired of affixing stamps, regpost labels & then address labels to my items. On the surface it seems that eParcel or Click and Send would be appropriate, however these only apply to parcel sized items.

Has anyone here used imprint mail? can you send items registered post via imprint mail? and what sort of volume does Australia Post require before they’ll give you a business account?

Ideally I’d just print one label with the postage paid imprint, some sort of regpost thing and then lodge it all over the counter…

Any help would be incredible!

You are certainly doing enough volume to get a business account. I don’t think there is any question, although it will increase your paperwork load, and I found it was more of a nuisance than benefit.

Have you been into your Post Office and asked these questions? A good business-oriented post office will be able to answer these questions. Don’t go to a small one, they often don’t know the answers.

I remember when I went down this path (in my ecommerce business), I had to pay for the machine upfront etc. and at the time I thought it was a lot of unnecessary work on my part.

I ended up going the ‘click and send’ route, which is easy, online, trackable etc. You print off one label which has your address etc. on it, and it automates it all.

I’d also suggest if you are having these volumes, you might consider a courier service. Door to door is brilliant.

Finally, I’d like to recommend you go fetch yourself 50 free stamps from this new business. I’ve just started work with this new client, and he has a fantastic business idea. Essentially, he forces the courier/Aust Post to deliver the parcel, and not to leave that annoying ‘no delivery’ cards instead. Right now he’s got 50 free stickers on trial. Please tell him I sent you (Jenny Spring): http://www.whereismyparcel.com/

PS don’t read the website, it doesn’t make sense!

Jenny

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.