Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Improving my Conversions page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DjDante
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

Our website(http://www.schoolofattraction.com.au) is undergoing some pretty hefty changes, with a newsletter signup, introduction video and testimonials now appearing on every page. I am in the process of writing a short ebook to offer to anyone who signs up to our newsletter. My home page will also have slowly changing marketing statements outlining our key features instead of the static photo, I just have to get all the slides together.

What we are focusing on now is the ‘courses’ http://www.schoolofattraction.com.au/courses.html page. This is the page where people would actually be signing up for a course. My business partner has written some new copy for the site which will make it more customer focussed etc. However, we also feel that the structure of the page needs to change. How do you think this page could change in order to make it more ‘conversion’ friendly?

Also on the page that appears if you click ‘sign up now’, any suggestions there would be fantastic.

Cheers

Arnold Shields
    • Total posts: 58
    Up

Have a look at Google Website Optimizer. It enables you to conduct tests on the best content design etc and it’s free.

Basically, you have two versions of a page or part of a page. Google will serve alternate versions to each visitor. You set a conversion target – like opt-in page and the Website Optimizer will report on which version converts better. Version A converts 10% of visitors, Version B converts 15% of visitors. Version B becomes the new control.

Keep testing to try to beat the control. The winner becomes the new control.

Your visitors vote with their actions as to which one is better. The only issue is that you need some traffic to make it work.

bushsong
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

The immediate thing that struck me was your phone number in your opt in box. Do you want people to ring you or sign up for your newsletter. You’re creating choices instead of one call to action.

It’s good that you are writing a book as an “ethical bribe” to encourage people to sign up. That will certainly help your conversions. I would also consider putting your video above your opt in box, (but still in the same module), to develop a relationship prior to asking for name and email.

Cheers,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.